Epox 8K5A2+ buzzing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epox 8K5A2+ buzzing

i just installed my epox 8K5A2+ last night and today i noticed that is makes this annoying high pitched sound when booting. its not the hard drive cus i took it out to make sure.

the noise seems to come and go. i hear it when booting up, scrolling up and down in internet explorer, and when memory benchmarking with Sisoft sandra.

cant tell if its coming from the psu or the area where the ram slots are. please help, thanks

everything on a mobo is electronic and doesn't give off any sound frequencies. The only thing that it could possibly be is maybe the fan on the northbridge if you have one I don't think KT33's do. Or the fan in the PSU or the fan on your CPU. One of those needs some fixing.

Perhaps a cd-rom drive? Or id you take those out as well.

Comment

i think i narrowed it down to my psu, but i dont remember it making that noise before, when i was using a epox 8KHA+.

Comment

So it is your PSU? Maybe the fan just happened to get "stuck" know what I mean? I mean its a mechanical object it could be working one moment and dead the next. Most people don't even know if there PSU fan is even spinning or not until it is too late. My computer ahppens to be so loud that I can't hear the PSU. So I check all my fans weekly.

Comment

or use fillters so it don't get so dirty.

OR :eek: Keep the area you computer is in dust free :eek:
          But thats probably a bit drastic

Comment

That usually works. But I personally don't like filters as it blocks effiecient airflow. I think a few shots of compressed air every few months is worth it then losing airflow.

Comment

I personally don't use either, i don't collect that much dust it preaty much just blows back out :D
              but i do give it the ocasional brush out with my anti-static brush, and oil the fans to keep them running smooth

Comment

ya I need to oil my fans too my rear exaust fan is squeeking a bit but I love my sticker.

Comment

whats your sticker of?
                  It should peal back unless it's perished

Comment

lol its not a special sticker it says SUNON and the descrition of the fan. Lol its stock I'm just saying I like my stickers and I have never had luck of putting the sticker back on. Like on one of the fans on my HD cooler I took the sticker off to put some WD-40 on the pice in the middle. And the sticker fell off. :(

Comment

thats probably because the WD-40 got every where, try to keep the lubrication in a cofined area, and i the sticker wont stick back down a LITTLE bit of super glue might help.

Comment

like how shoving the tip of a q-tip into the motor part?

Comment

WD 40 is the last thing that I would've used (more likely to do damage with that stuff there). :eek:

Get some light machine oil (sewing machine oil) and it only takes a couple of drops plus ya only had to peal the sticker halfway. ;)
                          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

wd-40 can cause damage?

I mean there is another reason why I used it

it smells good

Comment

if instead of using the proper item every time we did something we used something that smelt good instead, THEN!!!...... um, yeah something :confused:

Also I'm not conviced on the concept of WD-40 sniffing :bounce:

Comment

Working...
                              X