No announcement yet.

Epox 4G4A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I downloaded the older version of the bios from tweaktowns site. The one were DDR 333 is suposed to work.

Comment

Try the 22-08 version that is currently on the epox site. According to the documentation it is the preferred CPU on this board (it is the one they recommend), so there should be no problems. Please report your results (I did see some strange things on this board though it is a wonderful one).
      It supports DDR333.

Comment

Well now i got another problem. I switched my fan on the heatsink and now it started. I guess my other fan could not communicate with the motherboard. So i started the comp and it was all good until i saw that the cpu temp. was 55 degrees C after just having the comp on doing nothing that would make the comp work hard. I have a swiftech mcx4000 with a 80mm fan that runs like 3200rpm. So i thought I probably should tighten the screws for the heatsink.(they were kinda loos because the back plat wasnt very good so i had to get a new one.) when i did the comp did the same thing as before. So i made it looser and now it started but with no screen sync. Plus it beeps alot. First one long tone like every 2 sek. And the a different tone started that sounded almost like a siren from an ambulanse. first a hight tone then a low tone on and on and on. So took the heatsink off and saw that maybe i had hurt the copper things around screws for the heatsink. ( i didnt have anything between so i put some rubber things between but i still get the beep. Did i destroy my motherboard?:confused:

Comment

Well now you may be better off. If i recall you have a 4g4a+. That means you have a debugger on board. The siren is a good sign that the CPU is ok. The debugger display are the two red seven segment leds. Power on your computer and as the beep starts the display will stay display a hex number other than FF (if it displays FF it means that all system checks are OK). When the siren sounds what hex number appears on the display?
          Power off your computer.

Comment

It says C3 wich in the manual is memory fault but i have tested differnt memory.

Comment

Try installing only one module of memory on the board in slot 3. Test it with different types of memory (Different manufacturers). Does it work?

Comment

Did it solve your problem?

Comment

i got a new motherboard from the store. so im all good now...thx

Comment

The same one or of a different make?

Comment

nope i got a ASUS 4s8x and it works good.

thanx for the all the help.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                        X