No announcement yet.

Epox 4G4A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a good monitoring program, Motherboard Monitor and so long as ya stay under 60C (approx 130F) you'll be fine. ;)
    Sorry I can't help ya with the rest except maybe ya need the jumper on the motherboard set to the proper FSB speed and not it the "Auto" position. :?:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

i'm having trouble finding that epox with the for raider headers can anybody give me a link to that

Comment

This one, http://www.tweaktown.com/document.ph...ew&dId=337 ? :?:
        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

1. You can monitor your board using a program named USDM (compatible with all new Epox boards - I find it to be more successful than others). You can d/l it at http://www.epox.nl/english/support/drivers.htm.
          2. I have run my cpu at 132 F (P4 2.26) for several weeks (stress testing using prime95) without any problems. I suppose that you will not have any too. Check Intels site regarding your CPU. Usually they should withstand 150F without any problems, but I would not advise it for long periods.

Comment

Just my 2 cents worth....

Epox 4g4a+ , 1 stick of 512MB authentic Samsung pc2700, [email protected] with stock HSF.

Only change in the bios is FSB speed. All other standard speeds and voltages.

My system runs rock stable through all the torture tests. My CPU temps are 36C idle, 46C under 100% load.

For someone asking... to get the 4:5 memory ratio with FSB @133MHz all you need to do is remove the jumper (JP1) on the motherboard.

To monitor temps and voltages use MBM 5.1.9.1 it works great. I tried 5.2.0.0 but I couldn't get it to work.

NasT

Comment

What type of heat sink and cooling are you using? How long did you test your system?

Comment

Nast boy, how many memory IC's do you have on your memory module?

Comment

I'm using the stock heatsink and fan that comes with the Intel P4 1.6A Box.

I'm also using arctic silver 3 but I haven't noticed much of a change (1-2 degrees) than before using it.

Using only ONE stick of ORIGINAL Samsung PC2700. I have tried it in slot 1 and in slot 2 and have noticed no change in stability.

Some say it makes a difference at FSB speeds over 150MHz(I'm at 138MHz).

My overclocking is considered nothing. The 1.6A should run at speeds of up to 2.8+ with the proper cooling. I notice the temperature start to rise considerably at FSB speeds greater than 140MHz.

Try these links on for 4G4A+ Mobo

Hope this helps.

NasT

Comment

For the stock heatsink your results are very good I suppose that your casing is well ventilated.
                    Arctic silver does not improve much more than 1-2 degrees as the stock heatsink has some kind of thermal compound attached to it. You usually need it if you are not using stock heatsinks or if you do not want to reapply new thermal compound every 6 months or so while using regular silicone grease.
                    I know how well the 1.6A overclocks, I could not get one for they do not supply them any more in our area.

How many chips do you have on your memory module 8 or 16?

Comment

You're right Gilad on your assumption that my case is well ventilated. I have a Lian-Li 65U mod with 5 fans(2 Front,1 Top,2 Back).
                      I'm also using round IDE cables for better airflow.

The 512 MB Samsung memory module has 16 chips (8 per side) with a heat spreader installed.

Intel 1.6A @ 2.2GHz
                      Epox 4G4A+
                      512MB Samsung PC2700
                      ATI Radeon 9700 Pro
                      WD 800JB
                      Aopen 56X CD-Rom
                      TDK VeloCD 48x24x48
                      Lian-Li 65U
                      Emermax EG465P-VE FMA

NasT

Comment

That's strange, I have two 256 mb modules with 16 chips (i.e. 8 on each side 845G is supposed to deal with 8 chips on one side only) that do not work on slots 1&2 but only on 3, meaning that I can only have 256 mb on my system while others say they have no problems installing them on 1&2 and even though the manual says that if you install such modules you cannot install further modules. Does any one know something about this ?

Comment

I have a 1.9(100 fsb) and i cant get the option ddr333. I have 2 256mb DDR 333 modules from samsung. I will switch to a 2.53 (133 fsb) soon. Will that matter?

Comment

Yeah i dont think runnin a 100FSB gives you the right dividers to runn DDR333
                            should be ok with the new CPU though

Comment

I just installed a 2.53 on my 4g4a+ board (i had 1.9 before) and i cant start it up. I cleard the cmos and took the battery out but it still does it. The power led flashes once then nothing happends. When i try it again the led doesnt flash. But when i unplug it and then plug it back in it flashes the first time when i power it on again. I need some help. Thanks

Comment

What is the date of your bios?

Comment

Working...
                                X