Kr7a-raid Agp Problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kr7a-raid Agp Problem?

Hello guys, I have been trying to figure this out for ever and no luck. I really dont want to return this lovely motherboard. But here is my problem. I have a GeForce 2 Ti MSI card that is AGP. When I put it in, sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt. What it does it that I turn the system on and all that works is the fans. I have to hold down the power button for 5 seconds untill the system turns off. Then once turned off I have to wait about 2 min and when I turn it on again it works. I have tried a Voodoo3 PCI and it works great. I tried a MX which im using now till i figure this problem out and it works good except for a problem I have when booting. Sometimes it takes a while for the computer to send a signal to the card and by the time the monitor turned on its almost already in the desktop. Should the computer wait untill your monitor is on untill it goes past the bios and loadining windows? I also tried taking everything out. I took out the sound card, net card, HDD, floppy, everything except the ram, cpu, and video card. And still same problem. My specs are 300 W power supply. XP 1900+ no o/ced Windows XP Pro. GeForce 2 Ti *which im having the problems with booting and not posting* and Gf2 MX * which im having the problem with not turning on the monitor on it time* Thanks for any help guys. IM kinda a newb!

Steven

First up have ya got the latest 4in1 drivers installed? Also have ya checked for any BIOS updates? Another thing ya may want to check is how ya have ya power management features setup in the BIOS and Windows. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Im sure this has nothing to do with Windows. I have the lastest bios yes :)

Comment

Working...
      X