Ga-p35c-d3sr overclock settings won't stay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ga-p35c-d3sr overclock settings won't stay

I have this motherboard with a e2160 and 4 gigs of Kingston HyperX DDR2 800 memory. I have had this board for almost two years and never been able to get the overclock settings to stay in the bios. I can enable the CPU host control and change the FSB along with making sure the video card is set at 100, not allowing the memory to overclock etc etc. I can save the settings in the bios and then let it boot from there. The settings work and I can run the computer on those settings as long I don't turn off the computer. If I turn off the computer, it starts to boot, then reboots and it automatically disables the CPU host control which puts everything back at a stock setting. I've tried three different bios versions and every combination of settings I can think off. I've cleared the bios etc but nothing works. I have even tried enabling the cpu host control and kept every setting stock but when I turn off the computer and then turn it back on, it boots, then reboots and disables the cpu host control. I sent a note to Gigabyte, waited 3 days for an answer and their one line reply asked if I had tried a different bios. What a joke.

I think I have a bad motherboard but if anyone out there can help, I am all ears.

Re: Ga-p35c-d3sr overclock settings won't stay

Sorry to ask again, but what all BIOS's have you tried?

Have you ever reseated your CPU? Often that can help, seriously.

Sure, it could be a faulty board, and you can RMA for up to 3 years if you need to go that route. But it could just be your settings though, can you please give us your feel specs and settings you try that fail and we will try to help you out

This is Just a template I use to ask people their settings, pay no attention to the numbers in it, replace with yours

CPU = Model #
    Motherboard = Model, Revision #
    BIOS Version =
    Ram = Brand, Model#, Part#, And or Link

Code:
    Robust Graphics Booster___________ [Auto]
    CPU Clock Ratio ____________ [8] 
    Fine Clock Ratio ____________[0.5]
    CPU Host Clock Control_ [Enabled]
    CPU Host Frequency (MHz)__________ [450] 
    PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)_______ [100]
    C.I.A. 2__________________________ [Disabled]
    System Memory Multiplier (SPD)____ [2.00]
    DRAM Timing Selectable_______ SPD __ [Manual]

Performance Enhance = [Standard]

CAS Latency Time________________ 
    Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay_________ 
    Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_______
    Precharge Delay (tRAS)__________ 

ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_________ 
    Rank Write to READ Delay________ 
    Write to Precharge Delay_________ 
    Refresh to ACT Delay______________ 
    Read to Precharge Delay__________
    Static tRead Value_______________
    Static tRead Phase Adjust________ [Auto]

CPU/PCIEX Clock Driving Control [800mV]
    CPU Clock Skew Control [normal]
    GMCH Clock Skew Control [Normal]

System Voltage Control____ [Manual]
    DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.300V] 
    PCI-E OverVoltage Control_ [+0.1V] 
    FSB OverVoltage Control___ [+0.1V] 
    (G)MCH OverVoltage Control [+0.1V] 
    CPU Voltage Control_______ [1.25]

Limit CPUID Max. to 3.....................: [Disabled]
    No-Execute Memory Protect............: [Enabled]
    CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)................: [Disabled]
    C2/C2E State Support....................: [Disabled]
    x C4/C4E State Support..................: [Disabled]
    CPU Thermal Monitor 2(TM2) ...........: [Enabled]
    CPU EIST Function.........................: [Disabled]
    Virtualization Technology................: [Disabled] Enabled if you use Vmware/Virtual PC

Integrated Peripherals
    Legacy USB Storage Detect___________________[Disabled] *Note* Must be enabled to flash from USB

Comment

Re: Ga-p35c-d3sr overclock settings won't stay

I have tried the F8, F10 and F12 bios. I am running F12 currently. I have tried so many settings that I truly believe there isn't a combination I haven't tried. I have cleared cmos twice tonight alone. I don't even have to do anything to the settings but enable the CPU host control and leave every setting at the normal or stock levels and as soon as I power off the computer and then turn it back on, it posts, then stops, posts again and it has automatically disabled the CPU host control.

I can overclock the cpu to my hearts content if I make the settings in the bios, save it, and let it boot from there. Everything works great until I turn off the computer say to go to bed. When I turn it back on, it posts, then it stops, posts again and it disables the cpu host control everytime.

I can give you all of my settings but it doesn't matter. If I turn off the computer, it disables the cpu host control when it posts.

I have left three messages with Gigabyte and their help is like no help at all.

Thanks for responding and trying to help.

Comment

Working...
      X