Gigabyte boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte boards

Any one know how to decypher the letters/numbers on the gigabyte part numbers?
    I understand the first part EP45 etc. but the combinations following the dash snow me, ie UD3L UD3R DS3 DS4 etc.
    Build 10 November 07 so far not even a hiccup. No over clocking
    Gigabyte Poseidon Case, gigabyte GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2 , bios F11
    PSU corsair 620HX,
    CPU Intel C2D E6750 2.66 gig,
    Memory Crucial, 8 gig ,(4 X 2) DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) 1.8 volt
    GPU PNY 8500GT 512MB.
    2 Seagate internal SATA HD, 1 Seagate SATA in Apricorn enclosure runing ESATA on the GigaByte(purple) conection. XP Pro 32 Vista HP 64 & windows 7 X64 triple boot using Boot Pro

Re: Gigabyte boards

Here I posted some info on this in post # 266 here >>

I guess I should not be so lazy >>>

P version boards have TPM Chips. Here is some more info on the name schemes for anyone who may look up this info later >>>

* GA: Gigabyte

* E: Energy saving technology
    * P45: Chipset

* D: Ultra Durable 2 (low rds mosfet, ferrite core chokes, all solid capacitors)

* UD3 Ultra Durable 3 (2oz Copper in PCB, low rds mosfet, ferrite core chokes, all solid capacitors)

* L: Lite "lite" or entry level. For example, the DS3L has only 3-phase power or another example Only one PCIe x16

* R: RAID The R version(s) have RAID, & are "mainstream" level

* S3 Stands for Speed-Smart-Safe

* S4: Adds silent pipe cooling

* S5: Includes smart backup (Including all of S4's features)

* P: Includes TPM. The P version(s)are "pro" or high level, with more ports etc (P45 DS3R, DS4P, DS5, DQ6 have TPM support)

* Q: Gigabyte Flagship product with all features included

Comment

That's great.

But what does GA-MA78GM-S2H mean?

I don't see any codes similar in your post (other than GA).

Comment

Thank you ,
        Now I have a better idea of what Im getting. About to build a second rig for Trouble & Strife. Just waiting for widows 7 RC1 to come out. Will install that as OS
        Probably going with a GA-EP45-UD3L Intell E5200. Corsair 550 PSU. Yah I know over kill, and Ihave 4 1 gig sticks of DDR 2 800 that I pulled from this machine.This will be used primarly for surfing & email. I like the Gigabyte case with the gigabyte board
        Build 10 November 07 so far not even a hiccup. No over clocking
        Gigabyte Poseidon Case, gigabyte GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2 , bios F11
        PSU corsair 620HX,
        CPU Intel C2D E6750 2.66 gig,
        Memory Crucial, 8 gig ,(4 X 2) DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) 1.8 volt
        GPU PNY 8500GT 512MB.
        2 Seagate internal SATA HD, 1 Seagate SATA in Apricorn enclosure runing ESATA on the GigaByte(purple) conection. XP Pro 32 Vista HP 64 & windows 7 X64 triple boot using Boot Pro

Comment

Originally posted by bnborg View Post
          That's great.

But what does GA-MA78GM-S2H mean?

I don't see any codes similar in your post (other than GA).
          Sorry, I do not keep up with AMD myself so I did not add it nor do I know for sure all of the naming scheme for it. But I will try to do it for you here >>>

GA = Gigabyte of course

MA = AM2/3 CPU Support

78G = Chipset Name (780G Chipset)

M = Integrated Graphics

S2 = Smart + Safe

H = ATI Hybrid CrossFireX support

Originally posted by Hudson80 View Post
          Thank you ,
          Now I have a better idea of what Im getting. About to build a second rig for Trouble & Strife. Just waiting for widows 7 RC1 to come out. Will install that as OS
          Probably going with a GA-EP45-UD3L Intell E5200. Corsair 550 PSU. Yah I know over kill, and Ihave 4 1 gig sticks of DDR 2 800 that I pulled from this machine.This will be used primarly for surfing & email. I like the Gigabyte case with the gigabyte board
          Glad I could help with the naming schemes. Of course if you go to Gigabyte's site for your board you will get full detail of what each of those features are >>
          GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Overview - GA-EP45-UD3L (rev. 1.0)

Sounds like a good setup for surfing and email, you should be good to go with that!

Comment

Working...
          X