ASUS Rampage Extreme: Guidance, Tips and/or Cautions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS Rampage Extreme: Guidance, Tips and/or Cautions

I am a 77 year-old neophyte attempting to keep my mind active with my second build. I have read and reread the Extreme manual as well as visited numerous site in search of suggestions to utilize during my initial boot procedure. I am seeking guidance/suggestions which would enable me to have the smoothest operation. Overclocking IS NOT my initial priority. The following is a list of my components: Rampage Extreme;Intel Core 2 Duo E8600; mushkin XP 4GB (2 X 2GB)DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800); 2 Western Digital VelociRaptor WD3000GLFS 300GB 10000 RPM 16MB Cache SATA; LG DVD+R SATA Burner; PC Power & Cooling PPCT860 860W ATX12V;HIS Hightech H487F1GP Radeon HD 4870 1GB 256-bit; Tuniq Tower 120 Universal CPU Cooler; Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 64-bit; Lian Li PC-A70 case. Thank you in advance for any and all suggestions and/or recommended links.

Re: ASUS Rampage Extreme: Guidance, Tips and/or Cautions

Dont fill the thing up with crap, dont install programs for the sake of having them, if you dont use them dont have em, keep it cool, dont have it in a cupboard, if you can keep it out in the open, sound like a wicked system, shouldnt have any problem being slow with anything.

Comment

Working...
    X