did i buy the wrong board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• did i buy the wrong board?

I feel like such a pc noob as the last pc build i did was back in 2000 using the old AMD Athlon. So I thought that after 8 years I would upgrade the system. So i bought a Q6600, P5NSLI and En8400gs SLI video card and 2 Gigs of ddr2. I have tried to over clock this combo using Asus AI tweaker but the system will only run to 2.5 g and run very stable at full load but when I reboot it wants to reset. Is it the board being limited to 1066 FSB ? If so please recommend a good board that i can play with, my speed target is 3g. PS. For a laugh I am an electronics design engineer but am out of my depth on all the new pc stuff around.

Re: did i buy the wrong board?

hi man that board should be fine yous ddr2 which is that 533mhz 667 or 800's??
    also don't use ai tweeker set the overclocking manually and fine tune it yourself :)

Comment

Originally posted by Q6600 View Post
      I have tried to over clock this combo using Asus AI tweaker but the system will only run to 2.5 g and run very stable at full load but when I reboot it wants to reset.
      Hello fellow,
      Quad core processors are quite difficult to do heavy oc but, that behavior of reset loop on reboot can occur if CPU voltage is low.
      Try to increase that voltage but under acceptable parameters.
      GA-Z97-D3H Windows Pro 8.1
      i5-4690K + Corsair H90
      Sapphire Radeon R7 240
      16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz PC3 19200
      Corsair CX750M
      Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500 GB

Sharkoon VS-3V tower

Comment

Be sure you add some MCH/NB voltage and Set trfc to 52-62 for 2x2Gb

Comment

Working...