Help overclocking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help overclocking?

I am not sure about what you have asked and then answered to my reply. You asked about Ranges, ans showed a ram range I gave. That is what I referred to highest mainly

But yes, If I gave a range for voltage you may need to start in the middle or higher even. Depends on hardware itself. That is why I commented what I did on CPU Voltage.

Sometimes you just have to set high and if it is stable bring down until it is not, then go back up a notch or two.

Clock Offset? You mean CPU Clock Ratio, that is for a .5 multi for your CPU. You can use 8.5 or 7.6 or 6.5 instead of 9. That is all that is for, you want it set to 0 for the 9 multi, and that is all you can use

BIOS update is a "Up to You" type of thing, and should be looked at Like "If it isn't Broke, Don't fix it". You really should only be flashing your BIOS if you see a update that directly fixes or addresses some issue you have, or you are MANY versions behind. Newer is not always better for sure. Beta is for sure not better, you should be using a NON Beta, looks like F4 or F5 would be your best choices as I said on page 1

Have you read the overclocking Guide I posted? It may help you understand better maybe why higher voltages should be set at first

Comment

Thanks man, I'm doing alot of reading these days!

Didnt know these things are so complicated

Comment

Yeap, things can get pretty complicated if you get in there! But it is good to learn so you will know in the future

Comment

I did that!
          I threw the voltage @ 1.4v, but left all the ram info on auto.

It's maxing out @ 59 degrees under prime95 testing, 15 mins so far.
          I got it up to 3.6ghz thus far, thinking if to go higher!

Shaved over 2.5 seconds off superi, from 15.5 to 13.

Should I pump it up to 3.8ghz?
          How much voltage can the processor take anyhow?
          Last edited by dineshm; 09-19-2008, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Nice to see you are getting somewhere.

Ahh, I dont know for sure. I hear 1.45 MAX Actual, but who knows. I'd say just keep a sys on your temps and go from there. You may not need more to even go to 4Ghz, just depends on what Actual voltage you are getting in windows and idle and load.

I use 1.325 for 4Ghz on mine (E3110) same thing, but all chips and boards are different so, just see where you can go, and keep a eye on the temps is all

Comment

It's ideling in the early 40's, and shots up to 58/59 on load.

That's ok?

Comment

Yeap, anything under 65ish is good, if you start hitting 65-70 that is warm and you should back off the voltage or get a better cooler

Comment

Problems..
                  Running 1.3Volts @ 3.8ghz gave a failure with Orthos after 20 hrs.

I pumped up the voltage by 2 notches, and dropped it back down to 3.7...going to run it again, and then maybe try for the 3.8?

Also, the ram multiplier is becomming an issue...as 410 etc X 2=more than 800mhz ....How can I fix that?

Comment

FSB OverVoltage Control___ [+0.1V]
                    (G)MCH OverVoltage Control [+0.1V]

What to do about that?

Comment

More then 800 on your ram is fine. Where are you trying to go with your FSB? You should be fine up to 425 with the same timings as 400, after that you may need to adjust a few things here and there. If you want to keep it at a dead 400 for 800 Ram speed you will need to drop your CPU Multi and raise your FSB and choose a different ram multi

MCH may need a Bump to .15 or .2. FSB is fine at .1

Comment

So a 8 multiplier X 400 FSB=3.2GHZ
                        Will that give me the same performance as a 9 X 355 = 3.2Ghz?

I'm gonna run OCCT as well!
                        Thanks so much for all the help man!

Comment

Just depends on your system, but normally highest FSB is best

Comment

K cool!.
                            Last time I ran a Orthos for 20 hrs, it gives a failure.(for 3.8).
                            OCCT is not giving any problems.

Which you reccomend?

Comment

ALso....@ 3.8 and higher, my pc slows down a bit...I'm thinking RAM issues?
                              Tighten/loosen timings?
                              ;:(

Comment

20 hours is a good long time!

Slows down? Hmm maybe you have something too tight or too lose. Post your settings you are using and I will see if anything looks off

Does it pass orthos/prime or occt? How about Memtest86+?

Comment

Working...
                                X