Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wich one works better?(AMD770/sB600 ATI or AMD 780G/SB700)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wich one works better?(AMD770/sB600 ATI or AMD 780G/SB700)

I have a qustion about ABIT AX78 mainboard that has the AMD 770/ SB600 chipset.recently i read in some websites that SB600 drive controller has problem working with SATA disks.using sp2 hotfix of Vista for sb600 makes it work well with SATA but on more CPU usage(http://www.hardcoreware.net/reviews/...66-10.htm).NOW the qustion ,Is CPU usage sensible(can i deal with that?) ?Does AMD780G/ sb700 have the same problem on SATA?
    How about Abit mainboards with NVIDIA chipsets?(no matter to have an onboard graphic caus i am not a gamer).Aren't AMD chipsets more compatibe with AMD CPUs?
    I can pay up to 140$ for mainboard. can i find better mainboard in ASUS or GIGABITE for my phenomX3 AMD cpu?

Re: Wich one works better?(AMD770/sB600 ATI or AMD 780G/SB700)

Wow, well I do not know much about AMD but I can say I think your source may not be too good as there is no SP2 for Vista (And link does not work)

Hopefully later some of our AMD user can give you a a real answer though, as I said I have no clue about AMD

I would assume though any board that can use a newer CPU like that will be just fine with SATA drives.... Any number of them
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 08-22-2008, 04:54 AM.

Comment

Re: Wich one works better?(AMD770/sB600 ATI or AMD 780G/SB700)

I run the ax78 with a 5000be and its a wonderful board...the 600 and 700sb are identical except for raid 5 I believe...there are several raid drivers out for the 600 sb ...I run the latest one from amd and its really not any faster than native ide option in bios...for the money and ease of o/clocking its a hard board to beat..I just love mine...

Comment

Working...
      X