Ecs A780gm-a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ecs A780gm-a

I am using the ECS A780GM-A with XP x64 and 4 GB of memory.
    From time to time ( frequency between once a day and once a week) the onboard ethernet connection goes down : I get a popup on the screen : Network cable unplugged. Regardless how long I wait, the connection does not come back.
    I have to open the network connection panel, disable and then enable the connection, and everything is fine again. Since the system is mostly used remotely, this behavior is fatal, since from the remote site the system appears dead.
    Never seen this before, anything I can do about it ?

Re: Ecs A780gm-a

Yeah, don't buy an ECS board again. I'd either return it and get a more reliable brand or just buy a PCI NIC card and be done with it. This is most likely a flaw in the board itself.
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

looks like that it might be ( in this case ) not an ECS problem. Other boards using the same onboard ethernet controller ( Atheros) seem to have the same problem. After many searches I found this mentioned somewhere and checking Windows update, there was a driver update available ( but not from ECS ... ). I am currently testing it, maybe it helps.

Comment

Originally posted by howi42 View Post
        I am using the ECS A780GM-A with XP x64 and 4 GB of memory.
        From time to time ( frequency between once a day and once a week) the onboard ethernet connection goes down : I get a popup on the screen : Network cable unplugged. Regardless how long I wait, the connection does not come back.
        I have to open the network connection panel, disable and then enable the connection, and everything is fine again. Since the system is mostly used remotely, this behavior is fatal, since from the remote site the system appears dead.
        Never seen this before, anything I can do about it ?
        hi, i m experiencing exactly the same problem with atheros & ecs. Plz let me know if u finally solved this problem (and how...).

Comment

Problem could not be solved - I replaced the board with a different one,
          without that chip.

- Wolfgang

Comment

Working...
          X