New Biostar Will not post!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Biostar Will not post!

I have a new Biostar nForce 560 AM2+ Motherboard that will not post! system specs are as follows:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    Biostar nForce 560 AM2+ Motherboard<o:p></o:p>
    1TB WD Caviar HD<o:p></o:p>
    Arctic Cooling CPU Cooler<o:p></o:p>
    GeForce 6800 GT<o:p></o:p>
    Cooler Master 850W PSU<o:p></o:p>
    Super Talent PC6400/800<o:p></o:p>
    Coolermaster 690<o:p></o:p>
    All parts are new but will not post at all have renstalled cpu twice making sure seated properly. Changed ram 3 times 1g sticks and 512 sticks different brands differant speeds PC 5300/667 and PC6400/800. Reseated video card.When startng up a single red led comes on which it has 2 and under normal operations both should be lit, all fans cpu ,video and case fans come on. When I remove GeForce 6800 GT and install an older known working pci video card nothing works until I re: install geforce card. Also power light on geforce lights up.Im at a loss any ideas are welcome!

Re: New Biostar Will not post!

If your motherboard is functioning properly, it should give you some sort of beeping code when it hangs in the boot process. To hear this, you must have an internal speaker hooked up to the speaker header on the board itself. Hook up a speaker and if you still do not receive any beep codes and the system still hangs, then get with the manufacturer and see about an RMA. While motherboard manufacturers have a quality control system in place, sometimes you can still get a DOA board.

Good luck.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Working...
    X