Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asus P4P800 Deluxe to 3.2 GB/1MB cache??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus P4P800 Deluxe to 3.2 GB/1MB cache??

Can I upgrade my Asus P4P800 Deluxe motherboard (currently a 2.8 GB CPU) to a 3.20E GB/800 MB FSB CPU with 1MB cache without a problem?? Present memory is 512MB DDR PC3200, and I'd like to put off the upgrade to 800MB memory for awhile if possible.

If so, please tell me the basic steps steps if you don't mind.

Thenks.

Vester

Re: Asus P4P800 Deluxe to 3.2 GB/1MB cache??

Before doing the upgrade you will have to make sure that you have BIOS version 1017 first and if not you must upgrade to at least that version if not higher.

Once the BIOS has been taken care of take out the old CPU and remove the BIOS battery from the mainboard.

Install the new CPU and replace the BIOS battery, you should be now back in business.

But I have a question of you now, why not just overclock that 2.8 that you have up to 3.2 (or maybe more)?
    You will have at least the same performance (more so with faster memory) and saved yourself some money as well (my 2.4C on the same mainboard runs at 3.5).

Comment

I like the sound of that. Great suggestion. Thanks.

However, I haven't overclocked a processor in, probably, fifteen years. Can you point me to a safe overclock procedure for this board with the 2.8 processor?

Also, I'm planning to set up Raid 0+1 for the first time on this machine, and I need to make sure that any upgrading I do won't interfere with that.

Vester

Comment

That board has the Asus AI Overclock facility in the bios, either do it by the percentages, 5%, 10%, 20%, 30% (I tried 30 didn't work, system failure due to overclocking, no biggy, reboot, enter bios, reduce oc) or you can use the manual tab in the bios and do it manually. If memory serves me correctly it is under advanced tab, the options should be, manual, standard, auto. Have a poke around in the bios.

Raid I can't help you with sorry, someone else may be able to.
        Good luck
        E8600@ 4.25GHz~Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme~Foxconn Blackops~4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1625 at 1700MHz (8-8-8-24-2N) 1.916v~Asus 9800GTX~18x Pioneer 212 DL SATA DVD-RW~320GB WD SATAII~Antec True Power Trio 650W~Thermaltake Soprano~Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 RC1

Comment

Working...
        X