Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"new cpu installed" msg after cold boot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "new cpu installed" msg after cold boot.

<!--StartFragment --> Ok here's one i'm sure nobody has seen before. I have an ASUS P5AD2-E premium board with a 3.4 proc and 1 gig of VS corsair ddr2 ram. when i first put together my system i had the regular problems of tweaking all of the various soft and hard-ware into something stable...but with that behind me, this comes up.... after i leave the system off for several hrs (while i'm at work or overnight) and do a cold boot, i get "new cpu installed, Please enter Setup to configure your system, Press F1 to Run Setup, Press F2 to load default values and continue". All I have to do is press F1, then F10 to save and reboot and the system comes up normally...clock is fine, bios settings are not lost..windows comes up fine....I can do a warm reboot..the error msg never comes up, and no problems...it goes right to windows. I have put in a new cmos battery and also reset the jumper....anybody got any clues what could be causing this annoying glitch??

Re: &quot;new cpu installed&quot; msg after cold boot.

I saw somewhere where it was suggested you take out the BIOS battery and then boot. Shut it down, put the battery back in and boot again. It didn't work for me, but it works for some people. I just built a PC with an ASUS P4800S with a P4 2.4g processor and 512mb memory, and I can't get rid of this problem.

Comment

Got the same problem, bought last week an ASUS P5GD1 and a P4 3.0ghz (530j).
      At my place it doesn't matter whether it is cold or hot boot.
      At the same time the power-led doesn't work; neither the 2pin or 3pin connector of my case. The booklet of Asus is also crap.
      I've should have listen to my mirror-man, i should have gone for a MSI MB

Searching the forums did not bring any resolution sofar, removing the cmos-batt. seems no logic to me.

Help of some cracks appreciated.

Comment

I just built a system using the ASUS P4P800e-dx, and have the same message. It doesn't need to be a cold boot, just a hard reset.

Comment

A little online research turned up this thread:

There are a few more on that forum, but none of the others gave a definite solution.

Comment

I've had the same problem for about a couple of months. I had learned to live with it...until now.

I seemed to have fixed my problem and wanted to share as it might work for you. Over the long weekend I decided to do a fresh install on my OS and just start from scratch. I happened to be tweaking the BIOS and the system hung on me with something I did and I needed to reset the CMOS. I opened my case to move the jumper and it wasn't there. I threw a jumper on there to clear the CMOS and then put it in the normal position it should have been in. My jumper could have been removed when I installed the video card as the hoses for the VPU waterblock was sitting on top of where the jumper should have been. Now I can cold boot with no message anymore. I really hope this is the same problem for you have as I know the frustration of that error everytime you need to boot.

Comment

Anyone ever think of flashing the bios? Problems like this are often fixed by new bios updates, good luck everyone ;)

Comment

Working...
              X