motherboard identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: motherboard identification

hmm i think im gonna take your advice and get a new one. it seems with all those small upgrades it would add up to a noticable upgrade.
    and dont worry im not computer iliterate i can install, overclock, format whatever with ease nowadays. the only hp thing left in this comp is that board, eveything else has either been upgraded or wasn't a hp product to begin with.

Comment

Yeah, as I remember, it was hell putting a different mobo into a dell case.
      i had to crimp new connectors to the wires and guess and check what was for what. got it to work though.

Comment

i have a H.P Pavilion 764n with the MS- 6577 mob i have 2x 512 MB DDR a western digital 200GB and Maxtor 80gb a ULTRA 400 watt psu it sits on top since it wont fit the compact case "lol" a PNY 6600gt 128MB video card AGP the original was a MX 440 128MB ."call of duty" runs fine i have not done any over clock or play dooms but so far it works fine this computer ran 24/7 for the last 2 years . the MS- 6577 is not a great or fancy board but it does the job fine but im building one soon from scratch .

Comment

Originally posted by Baggage
          Yeah, as I remember, it was hell putting a different mobo into a dell case.
          i had to crimp new connectors to the wires and guess and check what was for what. got it to work though.
          my cpu mount broke a guy install a chaintech mob he cut and butcher the conectors the thing keept screwing up "my first computer i built" i took the cpu mount off the chaintech put it in my MS- 6577 assemble the whole thing now it runs fine . $80.00 for a $2.00 mount. that was the last time a tech well touch any computer of my and H.P dont sell the on and off switch "i try" this was at tigerdirect. im building a new one soon my pc door is off so i can turn it on/off until i figure out HOW to rig it "tight space to work is a *****. H.P Pavilion 764 N .

Comment

Working...
          X