problem with comp on ASUS p4p800-s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with comp on ASUS p4p800-s

I bought an ASUS p4p800-S motherboard about 3 months ago and when i went to boot up my computer this morning, it didn't.

It looks like there is no signal between the computer and the monitor. I tried changing monitors, video card, memory and even the hard drive and it just doesnt boot up anymore...

is there something i can do? or is my motherboard dead?

Re: problem with comp on ASUS p4p800-s

I had the same thing happen this weekend.... Are you getting any beeps, buzzes, and does your cpu fan spin when you hit the power butten?

And who makes your bios?

Comment

I don't get any beeps or any weird noses, the only thing that's weird is that the hard drive's light isn't spinning (althought it's glowing) and the hard drive doesnt seem to be making any noises? does that mean my hard drive is dead??

i think i mentionned i tried changing the hard drive but i didn't, my bad

Comment

If the Hdd doesnt work it will first stop when its time for it to load in..... after the bios is done loading...... so it cant realy be that.... it sounds more like a bios problem... have u flash it?

Comment

No i didn't try flashing the bios, i closed my computer properly and the next day it didn't boot up

Comment

I Whould try to flash it... it sounds like the bios is dead somehow.... if u dont get bibs and bbbiiiiiiiiiiibbbbbbbbbs its dead... so the only thing u can try is to flash it and hope it can override the old one..... or send it back and get a new one.... if that doesnt work...

i just flashed mine yesterday to 1018... The E deluxe

Comment

My problem was my memory was dead.... But if you are not getting beeps you eather have no speaker or a motherboard/CPU problem. Do you have a similar board that you can try your cpu in....(If you Know how to safely remove it) Here is how I fixed mine: Make sure you are grounded or at least touch the power supply with both hands, anyway just wiggle the ram around a bit. Don't know if this will help you but it might.

Comment

Working...
              X