A7N8X-X Mobo BIOS Configurations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A7N8X-X Mobo BIOS Configurations

I'm sure this has probably been brought up before, but I am having trouble with simply getting my Athlon 64 3200+ to run at its standard 2500 when editing the BIOS.

I can get the Clock Speed to 2500, but when I try to run Battlefield 1942 or Warcraft 3, much less any other game I get crashes. The only way I can get the applications to work is to set the processor at 1826 (166Mhz, 11.0x Multiplier).

I have the same setup (Mobo/Processor) on two computers right now, and both crash when trying to bring the Clock Speed up. Altering multipliers doesn't help any, I've tried reducing the FSB spread spectrum to 0%, still to no avail.Do I need to set it to Aggressive mode?

At the moment it's not a big problem, as most games run very nicely with a gig of DDR on both comps, as well as an FX 5900 and an FX 5700.

I am running both on the 1010 Bios Revision.

I will post more stats and a full list of my BIOS settings after class if need be, any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Mael~
    Last edited by MaelstromKING; 10-20-2004, 02:12 PM.

Re: A7N8X-X Mobo BIOS Configurations

What does the event viewer say about the crash? What voltage settings are you using for the CPU and memory?
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Warcraft III FT gives me a "Fatal Error, c0000005 Memory could not be read"

I don't have an actual log saved of the Battlefield Error, but when I checked it gave a c000000# type message in the "Details" section.

I'll restart and get my voltage settings.

Edit:

CPU VCORE: 1.650V (-1.850, many increments)
      DDR Referance Voltage: 2.60V

Graphics Aperture size is at 64MB as well, the 5900's manual recommends 8MB, but my lowest option is 32MB, and personally, from what I've heard, more won't hurt.

Also, Auto? or By SPD? Have tried both configurations, never really noticed a difference.
      Last edited by MaelstromKING; 10-20-2004, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Change the memory voltage to 2.7v and set the AGP Aperture size to 128MB.

Comment

Okay thanks, I'll give it a shot when I get back from dinner, I've been thinking about the memory since the start, and thanks for the Aperture Info.

Mael~

Comment

No go, still did not work at 2.70V,
            Driving me nuts.

Comment

Nevermind...

I screwed up, I distinctly remembered ordering a 3200+, but seem to have gotten a 2500+. I double checked my order information and invoice, I just must have ordered the wrong one. Oh well, it's doing great as of now.

I'll try overclocking, Thank you all for your help,
              Mael~

Comment

Working...
              X