Help! Chaintech 7NJL6 problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Chaintech 7NJL6 problems

I bought this mobo because I thought it would be an easy, cheap upgrade. It has the NForce2 ultra 400 + MCPS chipsets.

The problem I'm having is that it won't boot windows XP - it freezes up every time. It wouldn't surprise me if I had to reinstall XP, but it won't let me do that either! After loading up the drivers, it gives me a BSD when it says it's starting windows. Safe mode is a no-go to. I've tried starting up the computer on two different hard drives and I've tried to reinstall windows on those two harddrives as well. I can get into the BIOS no problem, and all my drives are detected just fine.

Chaintech tech support seems to be slow as molasses. Does anyone have any ideas? Does this ring any bells? Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: Help! Chaintech 7NJL6 problems

On their homepage they say that v2 of the BIOS needs a reinstall of the OS. I just can't figure out what the BIOS has to do with the OS installation?

Comment

hey had same problem downclock ur rate i had to set mine to 133 ( i am looking for a way to fix this now )

Comment

Hi I'm having the same problems. I try to install xp but get a blue screen as soon as I try to format the partition.

Comment

Working...
        X