Asus P4sd-la

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Asus P4sd-la

HELP ME PLEASE CMON I THOUGHT YOU GUYS WERE SMART lol....

Comment

Did you ever figure it out Adverse?

Comment

I have one of the HP built mobo's from HP. I looked everywhere for some sort of in depth manual. My machine was the a250n Pavillion. Getting ready for next gen (pci express as an example) so I got a new case, PS and an Audigy2 from an Adudigy1. Truthfully I should get a nonpropietory mobo but I have some time left on this one before I have to upgrade. My problem is that the new case doesn't use one connector for USB or Firewire. They use separate pins for each item!!!! I figured the USB out from a google search. The Firewire is a whole separate deal though. The front firewire has seven connectors, ground, VP, VG, TBA+, TBA-, TBB+, TBB- and it has a pincushion of five across and four underneath with the fifth position empty. I have no idea how to plug in the pins.

Another item is the hpanel. H.D.D. LED, Reset SW & Power SW. I have three items to plug in there. The pincushion is four pins above and five pins below.

Finally I have the HP 7-1 media card reader. Its installed but I can't find a pinchusion to put it in? Same MOBO so it was plugged in once. Its one connector which is nice with five holes. One is plugged up white so only four holes are usable.

Thanks for any help. Just don't want to fry anything when I turn this back on.

If anyone has this MOBO if you can open your case and let me know where the media card is plugged in at. Until I get the computer up I was able to tweak my settings for my card. I had issues until I opened the AGP to the 64 but the thing your missing is to also disable the on board video. When I did this my 9800PRO was in charge. So eat the aperature issues now but set the video to AGP only in the bios. Again, this fixed my issue.

Comment

Hi Adverse,
          Just read your posts on the P4SD HP mainboard. First of all what BIOS version do you have. In the 01.11 version there is a setting for the AGP Aperature and it goes up to 256MB. I currently have set a machine up for my wife using that motherboard along with an nVidia 5200/256MB P4/2.66GHz 2x256MB/Dual channel DDR with the AGP Aperature set to 128MB and it runs smoth as a baby's bottom. Let me know if you need the BIOS update with the AGP Aperature setting.

Comment

I am having the same problem as you i want to increase the AGP aperture to 128 but don't have the option on my bios. I have heard there are ways to access more settings for example one bios you have to push ctrl + F1 instead of just F1 to get into the advanced features of a bios. Please can we get a expert on this problem I will be forever in your debt.

Thanks,

Geoff

Comment

I have a Pavilion a450n also. This is the last time i am ever going to buy something from HP ever again.

When i bought the desktop it came with NVIDIA Geforce FX 5200 and 512mb ram.

Now i upgraded to Geforce 6800 and 1GB ram. I am having very bad unexpected chugs when i play games like Battlefield Vietnam and Half Life 2.

The chug im talking about is when i am playing any 3d shooter games at 60 FPS or more then suddenly the FPS drops to 2-3 per sec, then maybe after like 5-10 seconds or sometimes never, it goes back up. This gets really annoying at times and there is nothing wrong with my Graphic card i checked. The only solution i think is changing the AGP Aperture but stupid HP motherboard won't let me change the setting. If anyone finds out how to change the AGP Aperture, or have BIOS version that lets you change it PLEASE PM ME THANK YOU!

Next time im going to build my own computer from newegg...

Comment

Dont PM him just post it here we all need help. I have the HP a375c computer with the same Asus P4sd-la mother board as the orignal poster.

Thanks

Comment

i e-mailed HP support with this question:

I am trying to change my AGP Aperture size in the
                  BIOS setting but it isnt listed, even in the advanced setting, so it
                  wont let me change it. My motherboard is P4SD-LA (Oxford) and the
                  motherboard came with HP and is the only manufacturer that supports it.
                  Now my question is.. is there any way to change the AGP Aperture size through the BIOS settings? Please i know the risks i am taking by
                  changing it and i will bear full responsibility for it so i do not need
                  the "warning" signs.
                  If there is no way i can change it in this BIOS
                  version is there any way i can downgrade or upgrade my motherboard BIOS version so i can have access to more advanced settings??
                  I currently have the latest BIOS update from hp.com

Thanks again and i await your reply...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

And got this reply from idiot HP:

Dear XXXX,

Thank you for contacting HP Total Care.

I understand from your e-mail that you wish to have the steps to
                  change the Aperture size on your PC.

I would like to inform you that your PC does not have the option to
                  change the Aperture size for the AGP cards from the BIOS. Also BIOS
                  update will not provide any new features to your BIOS settings.

If you are experiencing any particular issue with your a450n PC, please
                  do reply to this e-mail. We will be glad to assist you.

Sincerely,

XXXXXX
                  HP Total Care

----------------------------------

So i guess there is no hope for this motherboard... we are better off buying a better mobo rather than sticking with this one... Sorry :(

Comment

that figures I told myself i would never buy a HP and this is what i get for not listening to myslef.

Ok so lets say we cant fix our boards i am down right stupid when it comes to motherboards (which ones good and bad)

Can someone please list some good options for motherboards that i can buy to replace this crappy HP board.

I have a ATI X800 XL AGP card so I need one with a good AGP slot.
                    My processor is 865G or PG

The pic is of my device manager if you need any more info please let me know.

Here is a like to the motherboard: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...name=c00041640

Here is my PC: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...name=c00043812

Thanks everyone for all your help,

Geoff
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by GEO1277; 05-07-2005, 11:38 AM.

Comment

bump

Comment

Can anyone help me?

Comment

Originally posted by GEO1277
                          Can anyone help me?
                          Should've done a little more searching with google and you would've found my thread over @ a7vtroubleshooting. I hope this helps: http://www.a7vtroubleshooting.com/fo...num=1083474499
                          Make sure you read the entire thread. You'll find some important information on the second page.
                          Last edited by Maxx; 05-23-2005, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Have you given any thought to the PSU only being 250 wats? im pretty sure that the new GPUS out there require 350 or more? thats 100 wats short of what they recomend? and i wouldent immagine the 250 wat in the HP is even a good 250 wat at that .. might be worth looking into ?

Comment

Originally posted by Motion
                              Have you given any thought to the PSU only being 250 wats? im pretty sure that the new GPUS out there require 350 or more? thats 100 wats short of what they recomend? and i wouldent immagine the 250 wat in the HP is even a good 250 wat at that .. might be worth looking into ?
                              Very good point. The stock PSU is very poor and will not (in some cases) even allow an upgrade to 1GB of RAM (4x256MB)... not to mention 6th or 7th generation GPUs.

Comment

Working...
                              X