Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My motherboard is beeping at me. What gives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My motherboard is beeping at me. What gives?

I dunno if this is exactly where you post mobo problems, sorry if I messed up, but correct me. Okay, anyway my mobo is an Albatron KX400-8X and has been making a kind of warning sound I would say, like a alarm is sounding. Best I can describe it as is an alarm. Now would this be my onboard cpu warning going off telling me my cpu is running too hot? I'm checking the manufacturer site as I'm posting this too. Any ideas would help. Oh, it doesn't happen all the time either, it's actually very rare and has never done it before. It did it once earlier this week I think when my brother was on and then earlier today. I restarted, check the temps in bios, nothing abnormal and it didn't make the sound anymore. Thanks.

okay, I read the wrong temp reading, yeah, my cpu is overheating, well, it's getting to the warning point, which is 50 degrees celsius 122 Fahrenheit. So my only option now is to get a new heatsink/fan. What are you recomendations? I have an AMD Athlon XP 1800+.

Comment

That's a little high, but if you're not crashing or locking up, the temps are fine. You might wanna check and see if the BIOS has an adjustable threshold for the temp alarm...probably under the PC Health monitor section (check your manual).

Comment

So you don't think 50 is too high and I should just change the warning temp?

Comment

Working...
        X