This a good mobo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This a good mobo

Is that a good mobo friend of mine is thinking of gettin it.

Yep its a good mobo as I havn't heard any bad reports about them.

Comment

My friend not sure about a p4 system or a amd.

Comment

A lot will depend on how much he wants to spend and what his main uses for it are.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger20r

Is that a good mobo friend of mine is thinking of gettin it.
          I have the 865PE Neo2-FIS2R board in this system but have only owned it for about 3 weeks. So far its been good and fast, but when I boot up the first black screen says that the bios was not detected. I'm not sure what thats about, maybe I'll give MSI a call today and ask them becuase everthing seems to be working like it should.

Comment

I have the 865PE Neo2-FIS2R board in this system but have only owned it for about 3 weeks. So far its been good and fast, but when I boot up the first black screen says that the bios was not detected. I'm not sure what thats about, maybe I'll give MSI a call today and ask them becuase everthing seems to be working like it should.
            well i would just flash the bios to the newest version, just to see before u call, unless u wanna call anyways, might save time tho if u dont call.

Comment

Originally posted by swinger
              well i would just flash the bios to the newest version, just to see before u call, unless u wanna call anyways, might save time tho if u dont call.

Other than installing Windows XP, Updating the bios was the first thing I did.

Comment

so u got that message before u flashed the bios too?

Comment

Originally posted by swinger
                  so u got that message before u flashed the bios too?
                  Yes, but after taking another look at it the screen says Bios not installed.... instead of not detected But it is installed, infact I just reflashed it to make double sure with MSI liveupdate:confused: , I think the next thing I'll try is resetting the it.

I just tried calling MSI's tech support (626 581 3001 it's not toll-free) but could not get ahold of anyone live:( . So I left a message to call me back and E-mailed them about it. I hate companies with unreachable LIVE tech support, chalk one down for MSI .

Update: MSI already called me back, that was fast:), had a hard time understanding the tech guys English though:eek: ... Anyway I just had to disable the onboard promise IDE in the bios and now the message is gone. Everything is hunky dory now:) .

Comment

Working...
                  X