EZ Bios problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey there Phun Key

Im sure that EZ-Bios was the problem at one point, and may still be. But, after you have written all the zeroes and whatnot, there is the possibility that it doesnt exist anymore, and maybe your system is set up for it...

Or it could exist and you need to reconfigure for it again. (Possibly by turning off the LBA setting, but I really dont know)

What are the model numbers of the drives?

~Bug

Comment

Greets Bugman, Wiggo, all,

Sorted!

The only way that I could write to this drive again was thru using dlgdiag28 which will some day be discontinued. Even it's replacement DataLifeguard11 does not work with these older drives.

Maxtor's equivalent maxblast 3will only work if you have atleast one Maxtor drive installed and the same with DataLifeguard.

These programs write at a level that is unaffected by any other technique. Even Partition Magic assured me everything was fine, only acknowledging existence of 2mb buffer. Could it be something to do with buffer.

IMHO it is infinitely preferable that source code be openly available for optimum support. Things move on so fast its hard to keep up.

Drive numbers: WD Caviar 26400 EIDE
      S/N: WM627 *** ****
      Mdl: AC26400-00RTT2
      Date: 11 APR 99

Drive numbers: WD Caviar 21600 EIDE
      Mdl: AC21600-60H
      P\N: 99-004199-005
      CCC: F6 22 MAY 97

Both jumpers set to CS. Automatic find in BIOS.

Thanks for all your help. My mate says thanks for the computer!

:afro:

Comment

I just want to add a respose received from WD which explains why I was finding anomolies with the drives. May help someone else. thx:

"When you install EZ-BIOS this will be install on each drive install on the system.

If one of the drive do not have it anymore you will never boot on windows.

We advice you to check with datalife guard tool version (that you used since the begening) to reinstall EZ-BIOS for both HD OR remove it, but if you remove it you have to do on BOTH DRIVE otherwise it won't work.".

I imagine exactly same applies to Maxtor and Chillblast.

Comment

Phun_Key,

So were you able to remove/reinstall it to both drives instead of just one? did this solve the problem at all? Or are you still without the drives??

Im just curious if this worked is all...

~Bug

Comment

IHello Bugman

I had installed EZ-Drive into AOpen system for both HD,s.

The system refused to play ball because I deleted EZ-Drive from one HD - the master, but not the other. Both needed to be wiped.

I could not, apparently, use a single disk as both had to be present, and in similar state with EZ-Drive installed or not.
            I was able to see either HD in my other system as EZ-Drive writes directly to BIOS not HD. There was never a problem with actual drives.

I'm not sure whether or not CS settings helped. Was the order important ?

So, none the wiser really, but atleast my mate has got a working system without EZ-Drive.

Comment

Working...
            X