Help with ASUS A7N8X Deluxe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with ASUS A7N8X Deluxe

First let me say that This mobo ROCKS. But I do have a problem, where do I find the PCB revision number? I can't find it and I want to update my bios. I have e-mailed ASUS but they told me I would need to call and talk to a Tech. I dont need a tech I just need to know where to look to get the number. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

My sys. spec.

ASUS A7N8X Deluxe
    550W PS
    Lian Li PC-85-B case with window
    Barton 2500+
    Coolermaster HHC-001 Heatpipe Heatsink
    1 GB of Corsair XMS CLock 2 DDR 433 ram (in dual ddr mode)
    ATI 9700 PRO
    80 GB SATA HDD

it should be printed right around where it says A7N8X on the board, i think it's just above it where the pink arrow is pointing. it says something like "revision no. 2.0" etc.

Comment

Also on the mobo disk, there should be a program (forgot the name) that you can load, and it will automatically connect to the ASUS site, see if there is a newer bios update for you to download, it will then ask if you want to download it, save it to disk, and a couple other options. Or you can say yes you want to download and install it and it will download and flash your bios without you ever having to do anything with a floppy, like the good ol' days.
      Its a pretty good program, unless you want to use a bios other than ASUS's.

Regards,
      Chez:cheers:

Comment

ya, pepsi_max2khas it right. If you bought it new recently, it's probably 2.x

Comment

I think the rev 2 comes in a fancy new box right?

Of course that won't help you unless you know what the old box looks like! :D

Comment

you can also either check the Asus mobo monitor click info - Dmi explor - Motherboard... my 2.0 board has the name of A7N8X2.0

Comment

rev 2 also has official support for ddr 400....unlike the other revs.

Comment

So do the others now with a bios mod. from what I have read.

Chez

Comment

If you still have the box look at the barcoade on side of
                  box it will say Rev2.0 and on mobo theres a barcoade
                  on it will tell same thing........

Comment

Thanks for the help but it still does not solve my problem. I have looked on the box and all it states is: Revision 1.XX .
                    I have also looked on the mobo and all I can see is a sticker stuck on a chip just to the left of the bottom pci slot. It states: 1.02.
                    Again, thanks for the help to all who posted.

Comment

take a look at pepsi_max2k's post again, if you stufy that pic it should be right there, just in smaller print

I have this mobo, so I know it's there

Comment

If it is not were i said on box barcaode and 1 on mobo by the ram slot theres white sticker it will say rev2.0 if not you do not a rav2.0 soory!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X