omg... the new age of motherboards!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• omg... the new age of motherboards!

Well, I dunno if there's already been any postings or info on this, but here it is anyway. I was looking around at 800FSB mobos for when I upgrade my comp, and I found this:

All I can say is: WOOOOOoooooooooHOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo!
    :drool:

I always thought it would be a lot longer until mobos would hit 1200FSB, but I guess I'm way off. True, it hits 1200FSB through over clocking, but wow! 1200MHz has gotta fly. I wonder how it works with only 800FSB procs available (do the procs run faster too?). More specifically, weta, you're the man with the connections, do you have any info on this? Post your opinions, like I said, I dunno if info on this has been posted before, but I thought it was really cool and I wanted to share it with everyone. Happy anticipation, : peace2: Mista K6

Hitting 300FSB is gonna be really rough...I mean I know I've heard of a lucky few pulling it off, but the vast majority have not been able to take their processors up to that plateau yet...though I'm sure it'd be a glorious day, esp. if memory could run 1:1 with the FSB. :eek:

Comment

You might want to look HERE !!!
      SPAM Special Ops

Comment

True, I'm not much of an overclocker, but going 100MHz over stock seems nuts (water cooling???) but if it's commercially advertised to do so, maybe albatron found some way to make it easier for the average home user? I read your post before E^vol, and I knew the way things were going to go, I was just astonished that they'd have something that was advertised to hit 1200FSB this early, I wasnt expecting it till at least next winter, maybe spring. Anyways, just wanted to share, : peace2: Mista K6.

P.S.: would buying this board be a good way to future proof a system for a bit? It seems like a deal at only $115. Justa a thought...

Comment

Working...
        X