Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"DQS training failed on previous boot" Message.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "DQS training failed on previous boot" Message.

Re: "DQS training failed on previous boot" Message.

Anyone ???

Comment

a simple google search gave me lots of hits, this one seems very similar to yours: DQS training failed on previous boot - Geeks to Go Forums

not familiar with your motherboard, but you might want to check up on its ram compatibility list - maybe a bios update
      My advice - never visit a short-url, no matter who gives it to you. You can't trust any source at any time when you don't know your target
      Whitey:Snuggles: Zotac Zbox HD-ID40 (Atom d525, worst purchase ever on cpu), Patriot Pyro 60GB (Thanks to Tweaktown Giveaway), 4GB 800' DDR2 SO-DIMM
      Bcube (NAS): ASUS F1A75-I Deluxe, AMD A6-3500 @ 2.1GHz, LSI 9240-8i (M1015) controller, GSkill Ares 1866 8GB blue kit, 4x Seagate SV35.5 2TB, 1x Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB, 1x Samsung HD103UJ, 1x Samsung F4 2TB, Temp. Rebel9 Alu case, Corsair H60, 2x Icy Dock MB973SP-B, NZXT UI01, Enermax T.B. Silence on docks and cpu, Aurum 500W gold PSU. (Draws 65W average, doesn't peak above 100W at any time)

Comment

How do I update the BIOS ?

Comment

your mainboard manufacturer has both bios and a bios flash utility on their page: A770L3 :: Motherboard :: BIOSTAR
          My advice - never visit a short-url, no matter who gives it to you. You can't trust any source at any time when you don't know your target
          Whitey:Snuggles: Zotac Zbox HD-ID40 (Atom d525, worst purchase ever on cpu), Patriot Pyro 60GB (Thanks to Tweaktown Giveaway), 4GB 800' DDR2 SO-DIMM
          Bcube (NAS): ASUS F1A75-I Deluxe, AMD A6-3500 @ 2.1GHz, LSI 9240-8i (M1015) controller, GSkill Ares 1866 8GB blue kit, 4x Seagate SV35.5 2TB, 1x Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB, 1x Samsung HD103UJ, 1x Samsung F4 2TB, Temp. Rebel9 Alu case, Corsair H60, 2x Icy Dock MB973SP-B, NZXT UI01, Enermax T.B. Silence on docks and cpu, Aurum 500W gold PSU. (Draws 65W average, doesn't peak above 100W at any time)

Comment

So, I download the latest BIOS then what do I do with it ?

This made me a bit nervous:

"Caution !! We don't recommend the user to update the BIOS while the system is running in good condition. The failure of updating the BIOS due to improper operation will cause a damage of the system, BIOSTAR is assumed no responsibility. Please do not hesitate to contact us with E- Support if you have any question."

I notice the DQS message hasnt appeared for two days (several cold starts and numerous reboots), sods law it will start to come back once I hand it back to the owner. Is it precarious to do a BIOS update ?

Comment

BIOS and firmware updates always involve some risks, personally I've never had any problems with either at any point and I've done it a lot on many of my devices. They always warn that it can go wrong, so you can't blame them afterwards.

Most "newer" boards have a build in feature to do so directly from BIOS which is the safest way. Next in line is the bootdisk option that some offer and the least secure is doing it from windows, but that is mainly due to the fact that windows isn't the most stable system as we know.
              Only place it can really go wrong is if the comp crashes/resets or loses power while the flashing is being performed.

another thing you could try is to download Memtest86+ (free) and run a couple tests, just to make sure your memory isn't faulty and that is the cause

Comment

Would there be any reason that the message has now not shown after numerous boot ups ? I have shut down and restarted so many times now and the message just hasnt re-appeared.

All I have done is go into the BIOS and had a look around, now the DQS message doesnt come up. I'm tempted to hand it back and tell the guy to look out for it in the future and let me know if it reappears, rather than flash his BIOS for no reason.....or would it be best to do an update ?

Comment

with it appearing so random, i would let it run overnight with a Memtest86+ and see if it detects any errors. A faulty ram module would be my best guess.

There is always the golden rule, if it aint broke, don't try to fix it. In this case, its still hard to tell if anything is broke or not. As said, I've never had any trouble flashing my bios personally, and I've done that a lot.

Comment

Some news since I returned the rig to its owner, on Friday he has seen the following message appear:

"The file is possibly corrupt. The file header checksum does not match the computed checksum"

I'm starting to think that the RAM is not compatible on this motherboard, even though it was listed as so. If you look at the Biostar website, this RAM is not listed as compliant.

Comment

Working...
                    X