Win 7 64 runs great on 2 gigs of RAM locks up on 4 gigs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win 7 64 runs great on 2 gigs of RAM locks up on 4 gigs

I have a identical problem to a posting that was posted on Tom's Hardware site: GA-P55M-UD2: 64-bit Win 7 stable with 2GB RAM, crashes with 4GB - Gigabyte - Motherboards-Memory
    The poster linked here to tweaktown to a page that he claimed solved his problems. But the page no longer exists.

Here is the link that he put on the Tom's Hardware site: http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/ga-p...hes-4gb-37686/

Can someone help me by directing me to the right page?

I suppose I just need help tweaking my voltage and timing of my system?

My specs:

Mobo: Biostar T-Force 6100 AMD2
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+
    RAM: 4xCenDyne 1GB DDR2 RAM PC2-6400 240-Pin DIMM

Memory has been tested and all works in 2 GB combination and in all slots with only 2 sticks used. When all four sticks are used the machine boots into Windows and then locks up after 20 seconds or so.

I am very inexperienced with overclocking but I did play with the voltage on the RAM and went as high as 2.0 volts with no results. Are their timing settings I also need to set?

Thanks in advance,
    Uhuhhs

Re: Win 7 64 runs great on 2 gigs of RAM locks up on 4 gigs

A hardware compatibility maybe.
    MB: Asus P7H55-M Socket 1156
    Proc: 1st gen Corei5 650 3.2ghz
    Intel Stock Cooler
    G.Skill RIPJAWS-X PC3-12800 2x4Gb DDR3-1600 (CL 9-9-9-24 @ 1.5v)
    Silverstone ST50f 500W
    Bitfenix Colossus case
    2nd hand SAMSUNG 933nw 19' LCD Monitor
    Windows 7 64bit

Comment

Re: Win 7 64 runs great on 2 gigs of RAM locks up on 4 gigs

We did a forum update is why that link to here no longer works, the URL format changed after the update.

Here is the link corrected that you mentioned above

As for your issue, since the one linked above is for a different board, you should first be sure you are using the latest BIOS for your board.

Then if you have the options manually set the memory voltage to spec, and you will need to increase NB VID (or northbridge voltage) for 4GB, and possibly tRFC.

Did you try loading optimized defaults at all. That might get it going properly, but generally you need to set a few things manually when adding 4GB or more.
      Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 10-13-2010, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X