• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team Group xteem

Team Group Inc

this is my spec

inter i7 975 @ 4gb ( 25x, bclk 160 ) v1.3875

ram team group xteem version current running 7-8-7-20 2T 1600mhz. 10x v1.450

motherboard gigabyte ga x58a ud7 v1 bios 7u

vga 285 evga 2gb

psw Vulcan 1200w

thanks in advance

Re: Team Group xteem

What does CPU-z show in the SPD tab?
    CPU-Z for Windows® x86/x64 is a freeware that gathers information on some of the main devices of your system : Processor name and number, codename, process, package, cache levels. Mainboard and chipset. Memory type, size, timings, and module specifications (SPD). Real time measurement of each core's internal frequency, memory frequency. CPU-Z is fully supported on Windows® 11. The CPU-Z‘s detection engine is now available for customized use through the CPUID System Information Development Kit, a professional SDK built for the Microsoft Windows & Android.

Specs are here actually, the link you gave
    Team Group Inc

Click on the "Specifications" tab in the middle towards the bottom
    9-9-9-24-2T
    voltage 1.5V~1.65V

I am sure, as you have already seen, they will do much better than spec though

Comment

i won't run that timing or you can said is not stable , not event going to the bios

Comment

hope this can help

i try to multiplier the system memory ( SPD ) to 12 which equal 1960 but no stable
        Attached Files
        Last edited by flattit4; 07-26-2010, 04:46 AM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

This is really flustered I bought the ram cannot run the speed it should be running, should I just send it back?

I already lower the cpu and try to put up the ram still no luck ( not event 1800mhz ) and how far the ram voltage can I put up to? I try 1.644 but no luck

What I mean by no luck is, the system not event boot in to the bios the sytem just keep turn off and on and off until I CMOS

that not event overclock

Any1 help? Or did 1 done something wrong with the setting
                Last edited by flattit4; 07-26-2010, 06:59 AM.

Comment

1.720v is hazardous but that's what I used to broke pass the factory limit of a Value RAM stick. Now at 1720Mhz Ram clock feed on only 1.630-1.650v. If voltage is not the issue then it's the timing. Try 9-11-9-27 or quite close.

Overclocking do reduce hardware lifespan.

"If Andes is just a grain then take my words with it"

Comment

And oh, the tweak up the QPI speed to make it run, say 7000Mhz instead of 5270Mhz. That Vtt and pll should be enough. Some may say it doesn't say much but my pc won't boot at 1720Mhz if QPI speed is lower than or same with CPU speed.

Sorry, I first thought you want to overclock your memory.

Comment

so what timing should i run? and how do i work out the number? i know cpu z have the timing which is ready but that what i use right now. so is that any1 program that could find the timing like cpu z

Comment

Actually your timing 7-8-7-20 @ 1600Mhz is quite fast enough so I say leave it like that of what you have now, 1600Mhz @ 787-20.

But in your BIOS, you set 160 for BCLK and 10 to your memory multiplier which of course resulted in only 1600Mhz memory speed @ 999-24. How the hell it got back to 999-24 from 787-20 timing I don't know.

If 10 is the limit to your memory multiplier then the only choice you have is to set the BCLK frequency to 200Mhz and CPU multiplier to 20 so you'll get 4Ghz CPu clock and 2Ghz memory clock at suppose stock timing.

Another way to beat or be close to 2000Mhz clocked memory with timing 999-24 is to tighten the timing of slower speed ram, say 1700Mhz at 888-22 timing.

If you want to know the reality of memory scaling specifically memory clock vs timing, then check out here, Tomsharware's memory scaling on i7 975 .

Faster clocked ram with loose timing (ie. 2000Mhz@999-24) doesn't really translate into massive gap over slower clocked but with tighter timing (ie. 1700Mhz@888-20).

How to work the timing number? Here and also the same with channel B and C:

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                        X