Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with RAM, CPU, Mobo Compatibilty

Hi,

i would like to know if the Kingston KHX1600C9D3K2/4G will play nice with an ASUS P7P55D-E PRO and an Intel Core i5 750???

According to the data sheet the memory is rated at 1600MHz 9-9-9-27 @ 1.7v~1.9v and 1333MHz 9-9-9-24 @ 1.5v, which is high, i know that Core i5's IMC is rated for 1.65v.

the place where i buy my pc hardware from said that they have contacted their Kingston product manager to find out if its compatible, and he said it will work.

Some info that i picked up from google, say otherwise, some people say it could work some people say it won't work.

So any thoughts...

Thanks

Re: help with RAM, CPU, Mobo Compatibilty

I'd advise against it.

It may work though, using 1.5-1.65V but you may not be able to get it to 1600 without higher voltages then you want to use. It would work, but why buy it when there are kits with better timings at the proper voltages probably at better prices anyway.

Or do you already own these? If so, then I'd say go ahead and try them out just keep voltage under 1.65, you may get 1600 @ 999-27 using 1.65, but maybe not

Comment

Re: help with RAM, CPU, Mobo Compatibilty

I remember KHX12800D3K2/4G is equivalent to KHX1600C9D3K2/4G, Kingston just changes the product name.
      Check Asus user manual, KHX12800D3K2/4G is qualified, therefore KHX1600C9D3K2/4G should work on it.
      Or you could check with Asus for overclocking BIOS setting.

Comment

Working...
      X