Hi-Level Ram problem..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hi-Level Ram problem..

Ok first about your first reply, 2GB DDR3 1333 kit can vary widely. I am not sure what you are asking by saying what settings it "Should" be as there are tons of models and they all can vary in speeds, timings, and voltages.

So you are stable with the kingston stick right? But you Do you want to try to get those going, or the hi-levels?

Please give me your settings in full you are using so I can know what voltages and FSB ect you are using with the kingston and I will advise back settings that should get you started with those Hi_Levels. They may or may not work, but I will get you some settings that will let you know if they are indeed not compatible

Comment

I tried ctrl + f1 in the main bios screen but it didn't work. I want at least 2 gb of memory (hi-levels) to work. I somehow managed to get one hi-level stick and the kingston stick to work in the first and the second slot. But last night when i started the computer i booted well every time with that configuration(I changed default auto settings with the proper ones i got from CPU-Z and i kinda worked. I can't understand how this happened but this morning i faced the same problem. I don't get it. What changed from last night to morning?..

Comment

Ok here's some good news. I did something that i don't know and all three sticks worked. ( 1 gb kingston and 2 gb (2 x 1gb) hi-level) This is good news cuz this means ram stick are neither fake nor broken BUT they are not stable same problem continues. I haven't experienced it yet but i know it will happen again (restart loop until fully booted). Why does it do this. Sometimes it boots well but sometimes it doesn't and loops occur. If sometimes they work that means they're fine but i can't understand what happens and why it happens cuz loops are completely random

Here's a couple of screenshots of CPU-Z

Last edited by PlUgOuT; 02-23-2009, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Just a simple question : Why does this computer work at night when the computer is open for 6-7 hours at night and doesn't work in the morning? I'm trying to figure out this but i can't think of anything. Rams are stable but if they boot..

Comment

Two things that may change overnight would be temperature and power. Is your electricity consistant and sufficent in your home? Can you try another power outlet on a different circut? ...Just throwing out ideas.

....Another observation: If you really want help from some of the pros then you should decide which set of ram you want them to help with ..... mixing them up just confuses the issue.
            Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

I mixed them up by accident and it worked. Don't get me wrong but only hi-level's don't work anyways. Temperature? I thought high temp is our worst enemy and now i need it to get the modules to work? How is that?..

Comment

So, you have it working now? Your post above is very confusing

Comment

They still don't work. I'm just saying that mixed (with kingston) , single or just hi-levels together are not stable. The problem is not happening because i mixed them , that's what i meant. And i still don't know what's going on. I played with voltages , frequencies but nothing seems to work..

Comment

LOL ... nope didn't mean that things had to be warmer to work .... just that the vairiables from night to morning that might have some influence were very limited.

Re:the power issue I mentioned: I have no idea what part of the world you live in and am aware that some places have less stable voltage etc than others. I've seen some pretty ugly wireing in older residences that did not lend themselves to stability. Things like haveing a forced air furnace, airconditioning, or microwave on the same circut as your computer kicking in and out can occasionally cause issues as well. I doubt this is your issue but thought it might be worth mentioning since you claimed a night/morning difference in stability.
                    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

You can be right but i tried my comp in another city!!:D and still the same problem. About those variables..

Comment

Post for me your full settings you are using now and I will see if I see anything out of the ordinary. And of course, please do let me know if you are using all the ram, if not which set you are using

Comment

I still don't know how to enable those settings which i couldn't find..

Comment

They may or may not be in your BIOS, the Drive Strength is not I remember checking for another user not long ago. Are you using the latest BIOS? Just wondering

The others do not matter as they should be left on Auto from Optimized Defaults anyway. XMP Setting is only visible if your memory is XMP or EPP programmed which it is not so you do not need to worry about that setting either

Comment

I'm using the latest bios , i flashed it about 1.5 ago. I had problems with my GPU. It was working on 8x slot but it was not working on 16x . I flashed it and it worked. It's F3 I guess..

Comment

Working...
                              X