Combine 2 Different DDR Memory Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combine 2 Different DDR Memory Cards

I have 2 memory cards, DDR Dane-elec Dram 512MB PC2700 and DDR TwinMOS Dram 256MB PC 2700, If i combine them, my computer runs really slowly, and It gives me error messages like not enough memory.

They both work perfectly, but they wont stack together.
    How can i combine those two without any problems?
    Or is there no way to combine those 2?

My Computer Specs:

Windows 98 SE
    (Currently 512MB dram)
    Graphic card Ati radeon 9550
    Pentium 4 2,4Ghz processor

Any help would be appreciated,

maarten

Re: Combine 2 Different DDR Memory Cards

Upgrade to WinXP or even Win2k. Win9x was notorious for hacking up a furball when you try to use memory configurations over 512MB. There were some tweaking guides around that showed how to set up certain settings deep within the system, but I don't have any links to these anymore since I've been away from that OS for so long. They didn't always work, but they sometimes allowed you to run higher memory amounts with a bit more stability.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

There are no settings you need to mess with. Download the Unofficial Windows 98SE 2.0.2 Service Pack. It fixes a plethora of problems in Windows 98 (including the 512MB memory limitation) and gives it stability that's nearly as good as Windows 2000/XP. I'd still have to agree with Darth in that it wouldn't be a bad idea to upgrade, but that service pack should fix your problem and it won't cost a dime.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys, I will try upgrading to windows XP, and else I will download this Service pack from the site... Thanks again

Comment

Working...
        X