Enhanced Bandwidth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enhanced Bandwidth

Now that EB's existed, what am I suppose to do with the timings? Should I keep it low where I am still with that idea of low latency is good, or should I loosen it so I can grab some more MHz.

Re: Enhanced Bandwidth

Welcome to the finer points of overclocking.

The answer is really simple... test both methods and use whichever gives you the better performance. There are arguments for both sides of this but it all boils down to what works best for you. If you're a gamer, then use games to help you decide. If you're more into Office type applications of digital editing, use this type of benchmarking tool to help you make the decision.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Well, if they have the bh-5 chips, crank the voltage up to about 3.4, and keep those tight timings at 250mhz. .If it's what you have.. if not.. up the voltage.. and see if you can compromise the timings and speed.

Comment

Originally posted by neomyaclyk
        Well, if they have the bh-5 chips, crank the voltage up to about 3.4, and keep those tight timings at 250mhz. .If it's what you have.. if not.. up the voltage.. and see if you can compromise the timings and speed.
        I'm not sure how you got BH-5 chips from my post but I don't have the option to raise my voltage. It is all done automaticly by the bios. If I raise the FSB, then whatever is neccesary for that to work, it will be done to the RAMs to make it work. I'm not sure if what I just said is correct, but in the manual, it said that the voltage is configured automacticlly and before when I had PC2700, the divider was 5:4 and that was done automacticlly. When I replace that with PC3500, it came back to 1:1. Anyways, I'll just do what Darth said.

Comment

Originally posted by neomyaclyk
          BH-5 chips were out of production well before OCZ's EB memory even hit the market.

Comment

soo true... u better grab em off ebay before they run out. I lost an auction once because I forgot to bid and it ended at $86. Now I cant get one for under $150. I read about EB in Anandtech saying it outperforms BH-5 I think so I got EB.

Comment

Working...
            X