I found errors on my DDR RAM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found errors on my DDR RAM

I used mem''' cant remember how its called. I found lots of errors. about 50,000 .What shall I do now? Is there anyway to correct these? Thanks.

how did u find the errors i want to cheak mine out...

Comment

roger04 i don't think that getting rid of RAM errors is possible. if it is a new stick then it is time to RMA it but if it is old one then get a new one.

pcmodware.com he is talking abt memtest86
      Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
      Last Updated:
      10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
      ======================
      jabber : [email protected]
      =======================
      Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
      yabaa dabaa doo...
      Customized for 1024x768

Comment

Originally posted by roger04
        I used mem''' cant remember how its called. I found lots of errors. about 50,000 .What shall I do now? Is there anyway to correct these? Thanks.
        if you got errors running memtest then your RAM is bad and it needs to be replaced, like asklepios already said

Comment

That doesn't necessarily mean its bad. I know of a lot of ram that registers errors in memtest86 but it is trouble free (OCZ).

Incorrect settings can also trigger these errors.

Comment

I just got a new stick !:D Is there anyway to care and maintain my memory from any errors or faultyness? I dont want any more problems to happen again. Thanks. BTW could u guys name me some well known and trusted mem manufacturer. Thanks.

Roger

Comment

MEMORY!MEMORY

Crucial and Corsair works a treat lad!

"MemTest is a RAM reliability tester; it tests the ability of your computer's memory to store and retrieve data. A correctly functioning computer should be able to do both these tasks with 100% accuracy. A computer that cannot, perhaps because of old hardware, damaged hardware, or poorly configured hardware, will be less stable and crash more often, and will become even less stable over time as corrupted data is written to your hard disk. "

Downloaded 4486 times. Rated 92 % in 5 votes.

Comment

Working...
              X