Someone Is Takin The Piss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone Is Takin The Piss

OK I AM GETTIN FREAKED my homepage is www.msn.com someone changes is it to some site like www.hackersgibb.com somet like that and itas not me and then i find a wordpad document with tons of dodgey hacker stuff in wots goin on IM GETTIN well confused

Do you have virus protection? If not, you should. Get some, update it and scan.

Same goes if you do, update it and scan.

You probably wanna look into a firewall. This thread has lots of suggestions for firewalls:

Later

Comment

can i download a firewall fingy from a website somewhere i dont know why they want to disrupt my computer its so weird whats happenin

Comment

My favorite firewall.

<!-- Begin Code Amber Ticker code. -->
        <P ALIGN=CENTER>
        <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript1.2" src="http://www.codeamber.org/js/codea.js">
        </script>
        </P>
        <!-- end of Code Amber Ticker code (c)Copyright codeamber.org 2002, 2003-->

Comment

ZoneAlarm is a great free firewall too.
          You can DL it at;

I would suggest you also get Spybot Search & Destroy and scan your system for unwanted nasties;

To prevent your homepage from being hijacked use Start Page Guard;

All the software linked above is free, updated regularly, and deals specifically with a problem you mentioned.

Best of luck to you!

Note, ZoneAlarm is a great product, that said - before you DL it please read this page;

shame, but if you can deal with that bit of BS it will protect you rather nicely.
          Fortunately, I think I have the version prior to the option to turn off updates being disabled. Version 2.6 is the newest available version at http://www.oldversion.com/
          The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

uhm.. maybe you went to a website that asked u if u wanted to change your default home page and u accidentally pressed yes?

now if it changes all the time even if u change it back, then yeah, u might have a virus but other than that, you might also check your internet security settings if its on very low or something.

besides, i think the one you want is an anti-virus not a firewall.. i dont think a hacker get into your system just to change your home page.

Comment

well does that mean you don't have either firewall or anti-virus installed on your system...:eek: ?
              i just hope that u r not on a cable net!
              Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
              Last Updated:
              10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
              ======================
              jabber : [email protected]
              =======================
              Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
              yabaa dabaa doo...
              Customized for 1024x768

Comment

well does that mean you don't have either firewall or anti-virus installed on your system... ?
                i just hope that u r not on a cable net!
                :) haha.. i kow i dont[firewall or antivirus], and i am on cable net.. maybe when i know for sure i got a virus then ill install one.

you just gotta be careful not to open suspicious programs and practice safe internet surfing..

besides, if a hacker does get into my system, he can have anything he wants.. im sharing my files freely anyway.. if he wants to format my HD[which is stupid as its pointless], i got all i want backed up.

Comment

Originally posted by tukinnam
                  :) haha.. i kow i dont[firewall or antivirus], and i am on cable net.. maybe when i know for sure i got a virus then ill install one.

you just gotta be careful not to open suspicious programs and practice safe internet surfing..

besides, if a hacker does get into my system, he can have anything he wants.. im sharing my files freely anyway.. if he wants to format my HD[which is stupid as its pointless], i got all i want backed up.
                  :cheers: ...cheers pal...people like you are boon to the security on internet.
                  do you lock your home when you leave...oh no wait...you've got everything insured...how silly of me to ask...:)
                  Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
                  Last Updated:
                  10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
                  ======================
                  jabber : [email protected]
                  =======================
                  Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
                  yabaa dabaa doo...
                  Customized for 1024x768

Comment

cheers thatnk gfor the help!!!

Comment

I have zonealarm pro and have no such problems of it asking me to upgrade to anything. Only thing it does do is notify me of updates for the fixes for the program

Comment

I've set my norton 2002 pro and norton firewall 2002 to download and install any updates automaticly, it's really great.
                        All i get is a small sign about once a week confirming me that my protection have been updated. :thumb:
                        You can never be to safe theese days..

:cheers:

Comment

do you lock your home when you leave...oh no wait...you've got everything insured..
                          well i lock my home[b/c i got no home insurance] but not my car, i even leave my keys in my car and other valuables.. but its a POS that no one would ever suspect it. kudos to the one who finds it, and he probably needs it more than i do if he does decide to steal it.

Comment

I've got 4 friends that help me when I away from my home 2 of them are Big giant dogs: german sheperd and a doberman pincer and the others and my best friend smith and his partner wesson.:flames: :flames: :flames:

Comment

Working...
                            X