Setting up a FTP server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting up a FTP server

I would like if possible to find some sort of Tutorial on this subject. I have tried a search on this forum, but no matter how many words I put in the search text I keep getting a message that I do not have a minimum of 4 words in the search field and the search will not find anything, or words to that effect.:(

Tried Google?
    That's all I would have done, but if you gimme the OS and type of internet connection you're on, maybe I can find something for you.

Later

Comment

1. Download a great ftp administrator software..

2. Install it..

3. Create acounts for leetchers, create rules for the little thieving *******s, like up & download ratios etc.. :shh:

4. Sit down with a cup of coffe and enyoy watching them download and upload stuff on your server like crazy.. ;)

Seriously, once you try the software you will learn it very fast,
      set your own options etc and define what every user should be alowed to do and not..

For example of someone on my ftp break the rules i kick his ass,
      if he brakes them repeatedly i may kick & ban his ass..

If you are willing to pay a small amount of money i highly recommend getting "servu-u" ftp administrator as software.. :thumb:

God luck..

:cheers:

Comment

Hi and thanks for the quick reply. I am running windows XP Pro. I need to get the appropriate softwhere, if you could guide me in that direction it would be much appreciated. I am on ADSL 512/256 P4 2.53 512ram MSI GEforce 4 ti4200. Networked to a P111 800 with 512ram and switch. My modem is the Billion series Router/Modem. Hope this helps. TIA:)

Comment

Working...
        X