Marvell Yukon Gigabit driver problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvell Yukon Gigabit driver problems

have a Gigabyte K8NS Ultra 939 Mobo. It has a Marvell Yukon gigabit adapter. It was working fine for 4 years until I got a new hard drive recently. I reinstalled windows on the new hd and started getting BSOD on boot up. I had to disable the ethernet adapter for windows to load up. I decided to reinstall windows again and still the same problem. I cannot install the drivers for the adapter. I download the drivers from gigabyte website and the marvell yukon site. If i tell windows the exact location of the driver folder, it tells me to insert the marvell yukon disk. When i insert the mobo drivers disk, it doesnt recognize anything. However if i launch the self installing software driver, the comp freezes and gives me a BSOD.....

I also have a NVIDIA Ethernet Adapter on the same mobo. I cannot install the drivers for it either. Exact same scenario as above but with no BSOD.

Re: Marvell Yukon Gigabit driver problems

Originally posted by Spetsnaz201 View Post
    have a Gigabyte K8NS Ultra 939 Mobo. It has a Marvell Yukon gigabit adapter. It was working fine for 4 years until I got a new hard drive recently. I reinstalled windows on the new hd and started getting BSOD on boot up. I had to disable the ethernet adapter for windows to load up. I decided to reinstall windows again and still the same problem. I cannot install the drivers for the adapter. I download the drivers from gigabyte website and the marvell yukon site. If i tell windows the exact location of the driver folder, it tells me to insert the marvell yukon disk. When i insert the mobo drivers disk, it doesnt recognize anything. However if i launch the self installing software driver, the comp freezes and gives me a BSOD.....

I also have a NVIDIA Ethernet Adapter on the same mobo. I cannot install the drivers for it either. Exact same scenario as above but with no BSOD.
    Dude, you are saying right i am also facing same kind of problem and urgently need help.

Comment

The Gigabit driver you want is located at GA-K8NS Ultra-939 - GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - Driver and you scroll to LAN Drivers and click on the FTP link for the Marvell Lan Driver. It'll have an extractor you can say to unzip to C:\Temp or something, and in that is a setup.exe for Marvell Miniport. Run that. It'll install the driver at C:\Program Files\Marvell Miniport. You might have to go back through the Device Manager in Computer Management and direct it to that folder to find the driver file, yk51x86.sys.

My issue is I have 2 NICs on the mobo and can't find the driver for the other one, I kept running into this driver (which I already had working). Btw, if you get BSODs, make sure you're not trying to install this driver on the 10/100 NIC, if you have both like me, and vice versa - that's probably what's causing it, or at the very least, you don't have the right driver (stating the obvious, I know...).

If anyone has the right driver for the 10/100 NIC, I'd be ever grateful. Can't find my mobo disc.

-Tom

Comment

see again. i don't kow

Comment

Working...
        X