Which Router to Get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Router to Get?

I am purchasing a router for myself. I mainly want a quality product and do not need wireless.

At this point, I'm leaning towards the D-Link DGL-4100 but I'm also considering something like the Linksys WRT54GL with DD-WRT. My main concerns are stability (for gaming/torrents), quality firmware, and an all-around good router.

By the way, I already own a DIR-655 which is set up in another location. Maybe it's better to move the DIR-655 to my main computer and get something less expensive to replace it?

Which should I choose? Maybe there are other recommendations? Thanks.

Re: Which Router to Get?

I am not sure about version 7 Linksys WRT54GS routers. But all versions from 1-6 are able to be flash to DD-WRT firmware. The only thing is that since version 5 and 6 of the router have half the ram as flash as usual you have to flash a micro version. Same functions as the full version just recoded to be lighter on the memory usage. You can check to see if the version you got works and which firmware you need to flash it bu going here. Also I can walk you through the process of flashing your router DD-WRT if you would like.

Comment

Re: Which Router to Get?

Please check this router benchmarks perhaps you will get some good idea from here

Conclusion : Wireless Networking: Nine 802.11n Routers Rounded Up
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Please see My Websites: PixShare - Free Photo Hosting | PixProxy - Stealth Browsing

Comment

Working...
      X