TP-Link TD-881 & TL-WR541G setup problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TP-Link TD-881 & TL-WR541G setup problem

I have just bought a TP-Link TD-8810 router & TP-Link TL-WR541G wireless router (the second so I can plug my kids computer into the internet). I have set it up as the 8810 first with the settings to Bridged and then connected to the WR541G, making sure they have different IP addresses, it is working ok in the fact that I can get on the internet, although with only 8810 connected with only my pc I get about 500kb/sec faster at Speedtest.com.au running it on a few different servers. Also, when both are connected I can't access the browser setup page for the 8810. I have the networking setup ok and I see the other pc through windows or Total Commander, although I have to find the networked pc as a workgroup,not a Home or Small Office network. I would like these problems solved but my worse one is that I can't run any programs that require the networking where I could before I bought these routers, eg Multi-Screen Remote Desktop or Classroom Spy Professional both tell me that the other pc's ip address is wrong even though I ipconfiged the ip address first and I can't play any games across the network to the other pc Any help would be greatfully appreciated Oh I have tried on both XP Pro & Vista Ultimate
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 CPU 2 x Kingston Hyper 2 GB Kit memory 1066MHz MSI P35 Platinum Combo Mobo Razer Barracuda AC-1 Digital Audio Card XFX PCIe 8800GTX xXx Video card Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU Samsung 320GB IDE HD for OS WD 250GB SataII HD 2 x WD 500GB SATAII HD Compro T750 HDTV Dual Tuner PCI Card Thermaltake Bigwater 745 water cooling Samsung 226BW 22" monitor Samsung Syncmaster 913 19" monitor Silverstone , Thermaltake Armour+ Case

Re: TP-Link TD-881 & TL-WR541G setup problem

Originally posted by belveder View Post
    Also, when both are connected I can't access the browser setup page for the 8810.
    I have two wireless routers. The first one is a Linksys WRH54G. The second one is a (piece of crap) Netcore 605GR.

Same here. If I am connected to one router, I can't access the the setup page of the other and vice versa. I think you connected the wireless router's WAN port to the 8810?

I can't play any games across the network to the other pc
    Try connecting both PCs on the same router.

When my friend comes and connects to the Netcore, I have to switch from the Linksys to the Netcore as well. Then we can play NFS: Carbon. When we are on different routers, we can't see each other PCs.

(Sorry if my grammar is a bit dinged.)

Comment

Re: TP-Link TD-881 & TL-WR541G setup problem

Thanks for the reply, appreciated, I have posted the same on a couple forums and this is the only reply lol.

I think you connected the wireless router's WAN port to the 8810?
      I'm not really sure what you mean by this

Try connecting both PCs on the same router.
      Both pc's are connected to the TP-Link TL-WR541G wireless router then that is connected to the TP-Link TD-8810 then the internet.

your spelling is fine
      Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 CPU 2 x Kingston Hyper 2 GB Kit memory 1066MHz MSI P35 Platinum Combo Mobo Razer Barracuda AC-1 Digital Audio Card XFX PCIe 8800GTX xXx Video card Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU Samsung 320GB IDE HD for OS WD 250GB SataII HD 2 x WD 500GB SATAII HD Compro T750 HDTV Dual Tuner PCI Card Thermaltake Bigwater 745 water cooling Samsung 226BW 22" monitor Samsung Syncmaster 913 19" monitor Silverstone , Thermaltake Armour+ Case

Comment

Working...
      X