2wire 1800hg and Verizon DSL problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2wire 1800hg and Verizon DSL problems

I thank you for this forum, I did several searches and couldn't find what I needed.

I have been with Verizon DSL for a couple yrs and although I had a DSL warranty plan with them, when the Westel 327 went out they didn't have any replacements, so they said I had to buy one, and I purchased this 2 wire 1800hg. Didn't come with software............

I just spent about 5 fruzztrating hours trying to get it to do its thing.

I feel like I am running with scissors in a blindfold after today.

I would reboot the puter and 2wire modem/router AIO and when the 2wire starting coming up, the power and LAN lights are consistent...says I am connected (yeh right)..but the broadband light flashes and flashes..............(all today I could never get to the config page).

*I called Verizon and talked to five people over 1.5 hrs, all kept transfering me, and saying I needed to call a number. I called the number and it was ATT....not even close to VERIZON. 2wire is closed on the weekends I found out after calling 8 times trying to get them.*

After a couple minutes of the Brndbd light flashing, it reboots, all by itself......vicious cycle. Power is good from the surge bar and wall.

The topper was I went to reset it with the button, and I have a HOLE not a button. Don't know where this 1800hg had been before, (was advertised new) but the button is gone, not in the box or anything.

Am hoping for a replacement.

Now after all this, if I still have you, dear reader LOL, I really need to know what is going on with the light flashing, the rebooting by itself, and any thing else you can shine my way..in anticipation that I can get the replacement up and going with minimal time spent. I think I put in my investment today of time.

After a wasted afternoon, I am REAL ready for a couple cold ones.......

PS I am a contractor, not completely savvy on the tech end, so I appreciate the layout of everything if you can.

Much deep thanks

Re: 2wire 1800hg and Verizon DSL problems

If you wanna get into your 2wire, type homeportal in the address bar because they dont use 192.168.0.1 ect. ok.

Comment

Reguarding the reset button: I'm not at all familiar with your modem but on a lot of routers/modems the reset is a hole and not a button. This prevents anyone from accidentaly resetting the thing and slows down those who might maliciously do the same. It is possible that a paper clip or pen inserted into the hole will accomplish the task but have a good look into the hole first incase I'm wrong.
      Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

thanks for the replies guys :)

I never could get the config page for setting it up, just kept getting page cannot be displayed, so would boot AND reboot everything.....I guess I was dumbfounded by it continually cycling.

As for reset hole, I ever so gently put a paperclip in and it went in 1-1/2" before hitting something. I very carefully pushed and whatever it was I bumped with the paperclip sounded like it fell down in the case........My guess is it is gone or running around inside now, but originally got my light out to look inside last night when I discovered the hole not button....

thanks for trying to help me work thru this

Comment

any more ideas guys? please? and much thanks :)

Comment

thanks for trying guys.....I ended up going to two other forums and got my answers right away.

Comment

That's good. Maybe you should post your answer so that we will all know for next time.

Comment

Morning, I meant to Colt but life ganged up on me! :O

The button that was wandering around inside evidently was bumping something that made it autom reboot....so deemed defective. Am getting my $ back on that, and am getting a new Actiontec (vroom-vroom LOL) from my provider.

I promise to be back with a couple other lil problems in about a wk when I am back :)

Comment

Working...
                X