Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Internet call registers a metered landline phone charge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet call registers a metered landline phone charge?

Granting that my Telco service provider was right that maybe one of the overseas website I previously visited triggered an auto-dial, will that Internet call register land-line charges? Please help, I will use your expert opinion to contest the phone charges.

Re: Internet call registers a metered landline phone charge?

Are you connected to the internet via a dialup modem? If so then it is not unheard of to wind up with a "dialer" program that can cause some major issues if proper precautions are not taken (and occasionally even if precautions are taken).

Do you have good (and updated) antivirus, firewall, and spyware/adware programs installed and functioning? Have you scanned your system with these programs? Did they find any problems?

I'm not an expert in legal issues and I have no idea what country you are in so my opinion is worthless. If your computer dialled long distant numbers then it is not the fault of the telephone company and I supppose someone must be responsible.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Working...
    X