Much Slower Speeds After Move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Much Slower Speeds After Move

I just recently moved to a neighboring town only 3 miles away from my previous town and i have expierenced a drastic change in download speeds i used to get on average 150kb a second now i only get 36kb a second, im using SBC Yahoo DSL and was before, SBC sent me a new modem but its virtually the same 2Wire gateway modem, please help this is really bothering me, is there anything i can do?

Re: Much Slower Speeds After Move

Remember that DSL speeds are dependant on how close you are to the nearest switching station. The further your distance, the slower your speeds. Your phone company should be able to tell you the distance you are from the nearest one servicing your area.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

so is there anything i can do? switch ISP's or anything?

Comment

Precisely. Either a DSL ISP with a station closer to you, or a Cable ISP. Cable doesn't have that problem, but it does have a problem of being bottlenecked by having too many people on at once, which does happen during peak usage hours in highly-populated areas.

Comment

hey today i found out i had my dsl on my old phone number in the town i used to live in, does this mean it would be using the station closest to my old house?

Comment

Probably not unless there is none closer to your current location.
            Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
            My Toys

Comment

I might have found the problem, after talking for about 20 minutes with this one guy i got switched over to another tech support line and he started laughing and said i was amazingly lucky because my line isnt suppose to be activated until 3 days from now, so it will run just really slow until then. looks like i just need to wait 3 days.

Comment

In addition Armorsmithing can easily cost an extreme amount of Kinah pumped into it to rise to a

decent level for when Aion Gold becomes

profitable. Although selling armor for around the mid level 20 region is a good starting point for

when players start venturing into the Abyss, the real business opportunities will open up at end

WOW Gold.
                Once you attain 450 Armorsmithing skills and can start crafting the high end armor, it is time to

spend many an hour in the Abyss. Being in the Abyss will give you many things needed for the goal

of Buy WOW Gold very best. Firstly you are going to need to load up

on Divine Power. Divine power can be gathered from killing the various Balaur monsters in the

zone. Always try and work towards controlling as many fortresses as possible as this allows you to

buy much more of the rare recipes that are available at that

WOW Power Leveling and up

Aion Gold Account.

Comment

Working...
                X