DSL Upload Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSL Upload Question

I have DSL, and I just recently started to wonder why I could download at 320 kb/s, but only upload at 30-40 kb/s. Is it my computer? Is it the modem?

Re: DSL Upload Question

Originally posted by DevilsGT2
    I have DSL, and I just recently started to wonder why I could download at 320 kb/s, but only upload at 30-40 kb/s.
    Downloads are always faster than uploads, no matter what kind of service you have.

Originally posted by DevilsGT2
    Is it my computer? Is it the modem?
    Could be either one. Try reinstalling the driver disc that came with the modem.

Comment

Originally posted by Amd_Lover2004
      Downloads are always faster than uploads, no matter what kind of service you have.
      I realize that, and I am not worried that anything is wrong, but I am just curious as to why this is so.

Comment

I am not to sure to tell you the truth, I'll find out for you tomorrow if no one gives a reply by then.

Comment

Originally posted by Amd_Lover2004
          You are wrong. There are many different types of DSl connections such as ADSL, SDSL, HDSL, VDSL and IDSL. IN his case he has ADSL, but SDSL upload and downlaod are the same speed. HDSL is the same 1.5/1.5mbps. IDSL is also the same up and down but much slower.

And just for your question it is perfectly normal. It is just the type of connection you have which is ADSL.

Comment

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/faq read this and you'll learn all about dsl

Comment

Yes, DSlreports is the best site for anything broadband related. Especially when it comes to tweaking your boradband connection

Comment

Originally posted by KoolDrew
                Yes, DSlreports is the best site for anything broadband related. Especially when it comes to tweaking your boradband connection
                OOOOOO... more tweaking :)

Comment

Working...
                X