Connection 2 PC's with Cross Cabling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connection 2 PC's with Cross Cabling

Hello Everybody. One of my customer have 2 computers. And that 2 PC's have Lan Cards. But he does not have a hub. I want to connect that 3 PC's with Corss Cabling. I dont know how to do Cross Cabling (color codding). Please help me.

Thanks for your reply.

Re: Connection 2 PC's with Cross Cabling

Computer and network how-to articles, technical forums, and financial management for tech freelancers with a Independent Contractor Pay Stubs guide.

Comment

Or just go buy a crossover cable

Comment

You'd have to buy three, actually. I wouldn't be suprised if it had problems software-wise, too.

Personally, I'd just get a cheap switch. It's $10-$15 U.S. for ones from some of the newer/less popular companies, and $20-$25 for ones from one of the brands known for good products (ie Netgear, D-Link, Linksys, Belkin). Cat 5 cables will be $5-$10 for the three of you.

That said, the previously-mentioned options should work and are cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by Yawgm0th
          Personally, I'd just get a cheap switch.
          Yes I would as well as I've come across too many onboard nic's lately that just don't like crossover patch cables being used.

Comment

On some routers/hubs/switches the first port must be used with a crossover cable. Just thought I would point that out as some customers have been coming in asking why the router/hub/switch wont work on port 1.

Comment

Seeing that you are using XP and to save me typing a lot of garble.

On the one that is connected to the internet.
              Go to the control panel (in classic view) open network setup wizard.
              Select you want to share your internet connection.
              Then follow the wizard.

On the other computer
              Go to the control panel (in classic view) open network setup wizard.
              Select no you do not want to share the internet.
              Select the second option then click next.

Remember to keep the network name different but keep the workgroup name the same.

Hope this helps
              Last edited by Darthtanion; 07-12-2009, 07:07 AM. Reason: Removing questionable links

Comment

Working...
              X