Problem with router....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with router....

I have a linksys wireless router. This morning I could get on the net with my lap top just fine. Tonight I went and fired the desktop up and POOF. No internet access at all (cable). FRiend on teh same service was online. So I tried plugging the modem directly to the computer instead of the router. And guess what, it works. Any ideas why the router decided to be a bear tonight?

No idea... Try resetting it.

Comment

I did reset it. Still does it.

Linksys's manual isnt any help either.

Comment

Update.

Well put my old Dlink router back in and now everything works. My guess is the Linksys BEFW11S4 wireless router took a dump. I could get into the routers control page but no internet. Oh well. Either have to get a wireless access point for the Dlink or buy a new wireless router.

Thats 2, count them TWO Linksys products I had that went sour on me in 2 months. First the pcmia wireless card died and now the router. Guess I should had stayed with Dlink to begin with.

Comment

I had the same thing happen to me. I bought a Linksys wifi router and pcmcia card combo and now both are collecting dust. Athough, for me the router died first and the card died a few weeks later. I had them for less than 4 months

Now I'm happily using a D-Link card and Netgear wifi Router. I havn't had a single problem with either one. Even though all the poducts use the same 802.11 version, the D-Link and Netgear hardware gets much better range.

Needless to say I'll never purchase Linksys products again. Considering all the small businesses I do contract work for, that's a lot of potential business Linksys is missing out on.

Comment

Funny thing is my friend has the same Linksys set up I had (he got his first) and has never had a problem with it.

Comment

Working...
            X