Wireless routers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireless routers?

Can anyone tell me the real distance that G routers can send the signal without a real loss of signal strength?

it greatly depends on the environment the router is placed in. There are litterally dozens (if not hundreds) of things that can limit the signal strength. typically, you can expect 150-300 feet, but it could easly be considerably less. Range extenders are very common for this very reason. However, there are several things that you can do to improve the range/strength of the signal.

The best way to know what the 'real' range will be in your specific environment is to simple buy a quality router and test it's limits.

Comment

I've had extemely bad experiences with quite a few linksys wifi products. I would recommend either Netgear or D-Link

Comment

how would that be? They're owned by cisco. I haven't read any bad reviews or heard anything bad. I own a wired router myself and it works flawlessly.

Comment

My Linksys router works fine, too, but everything else I have ever tried from Linksys sucks and has stopped working entirely (that's two wireless PCI cards and two wireless PCI devices).

Comment

Soo... Linksys it is.

Comment

Working...
            X