linksys befsr41 router firmware problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• linksys befsr41 router firmware problem

Ive been having problems with my router disconnecting on random times. Its definetly not my internet since it works fine without the router. Ive tried to update my firmware and it says its unable to with the update utility. Can anyone go to the linksys website and try to update their befsr41 if they have one? Thanks alot.

Hi,

The new firmware from Linksys 1.45.11 has a problem with renewing the WAN DHCP if you go into your router setup page http://192.168.1.1 and go to STATUS and see what firmware you have because i'm sure at one point the update utility was remove because i don't have that option any more it just gives you option to browse my pc to find the folder it was down loaded to, so you could try downloading the firmware (make sure it's for your version of router 1 or 2 or 3 ) and then updating it but like i say the new firmware is broken so i'd hold on a bit till the new firmware comes out.

regards,gaz

Comment

He has had this problem with a older version of the firmware also 1.45.7 i think he upgraded the firmware to 1.45.11, and now when he gets dissconnected it will reconnect after a delay. before he had to do a hard restart(unplug then replug the power on the router.)

Comment

Working...
      X