Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if only my 56k could do 1g/sec *drool* haha...:D

Comment

To be more percise a T1 is 1.544Mbps. Also most of the larger Colleges have T3 (43.232Mbps or 672 normal voice lines).
      My dream conection is an OC 192 connection (9.6Gbps). I have only read about them but that would be truly flying.

Comment

The Tweaktown Site Server runs on multiple OC3 connections :)

256Mbps each I think...
        SileNceR, Messenger of the Dark and the Night. To post quality, or not to post at all, THAT is the Question - Never again ask what can my post count do for me besides increasing my ego, but instead ask what can I do to help someone else!
        Overclockers Melbourne (http://www.ocmelbourne.com).

Comment

Albinus, I have to agree with Zeradul on this one. Bandwidth at a college campus is socialized, and like any situation involving the socialization of a resource it is best to keep its availability unknown.

Most colleges are full of students who are literate when in comes to Plato, Kant, and Thureau, but not when it comes to anything computer related. I would keep the bandwidth bragging on the down low, just because when little newbies hear that they can download at those speeds (if they understand what those speeds actually mean), your school server is going to be bogged down with Backstreet Boys video downloads as well as eDonkey Traffic of Girls Gone Wild.

The best thing to minimalize newbie hogging of bandwidth is to never speak a word about Kazaa, eDonkey, Morpheus, etc. to anyone. Keep it for yourself.

Comment

Well the system administrators keep shifting the IP address of the proxy server, so it's a matter of finding it again every few weeks. This usually keeps the n00bs at bay - they haven't got a clue on how to find the new address ;)
            What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Working...
            X