Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• printer sharing

Computer A has a printer installed to it with a usb cable
    Computer B (wireless laptop) wants to print using the printer connected to computer A.

when ever i want to print on B i have to goto A turn it on and the printer,then i have to go back to B and login on A thru network neigborhood then i can print....is there i can print from B with out turning on A or having to login to it ?

Originally posted by rdn
    Computer A has a printer installed to it with a usb cable
    Computer B (wireless laptop) wants to print using the printer connected to computer A.

when ever i want to print on B i have to goto A turn it on and the printer,then i have to go back to B and login on A thru network neigborhood then i can print....is there i can print from B with out turning on A or having to login to it ?
    that can be a problem. one solution is to buy a USB print server and connect that to your network. another better option is to buy a usb server from keyspan.. http://www.keyspan.com/products/usb/server/

it will allow you to share up to four usb devices on your ethernet network. and its win/mac compatible.. whats really cool is you can not only use it for printing but you can connect things like flash memory card readers and usb hdrives and they can be shared on the network..

Comment

Working...
    X