internet cable sharing prob.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• internet cable sharing prob.

hey guys! I always shared my cable connection with our second pc via a crossover cable but after I came back from a lan last week I haven't been able to share the connection again! I've tried everthing I can think of. below are the settings I've used before.

pc 1 (cable connection)

nic enabled

obtain ip automatically

shared

allow other network users to connect to the internet though this pc is "ticked"

pc 2

nic enabled
    obtain ip automatically

all firewalls are off.

using XP pro on both pc's

Originally posted by Slartibartfast
    I've tried everthing I can think of.
    Are you sure? First, go to Control Panel\Network Connections. If there are two different connections listed (not including if it says Internet), disable the active one and enable the other. If not, just disable the active one and run through the Network Setup Wizard. Also, are you still using a crossover cable? It's possible that your trying to use a cat5 cable, when you need a crossover cabel (since a cat5 cable is probably what you used at the LAN.

Anyway, I don't think you're supposed to have obtain IP automatically on the 2nd computer. I'm not 100% sure, but I think that might be it. Try taking that off and then try the stuff above if that doesn't work.

Comment

thanks dude! I'm almost 100% sure that I've always had both pc's using "obtain ip automatically" and yes I'm using a crossover cable.

Comment

Working...
      X