WTF is 3Com LOM??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF is 3Com LOM??

Hi all, I Just got my new 64 rig, and I'm having problems connecting to the internet. The mobo I'm using is the Asus Kt8V deluxe. I set the connection up like I would on any other PC and It apears to connect. But when I open up IE nothing happens. I think has something to do with that LOM feature. I think I jacked up a setting or something. Anyone know why my PC apears to connect but doesn't actually?

LOM= Lan on Motherboard a.k.a. gigabit ethernet so If it were me I'd make sure the drivers for my motherboard were installed correctly and that my computer recognized my ethernet( integrated or not), but it may also be disabled in your bios since it is integrated or there might be a conflict with the irq settings with your ethernet.

We've got a couple things goin on here at the same time. You also might want to check with your isp that all your settings to connect with them( I am assuming this is cable/dsl) are correct.

And finnaly check to make sure under internet options that I.e. is set up for lan and that you don't have it trying to connect to proxies....i.e. automactily dectect settings.

Also check this link

Comment

Try this one too for the connection assisant

http://www.3com.com/prodforms/softwa..._thankyou.html Hope this helps.

Although more specific info would be benificial to anyone else trying to assist you.

Comment

I'm a little confused here, I thought LOM was for setting up a home network. Your saying it's gigabyte ethernet? So should I connect through the LOM? also, I noticed the ethernet port on the rear I/O panel is for networking. should I plug my dsl in there? I wasn't sure so I installed a ethernet card anyway, that didn't work either.

Comment

Comment

Working...
          X