Getting AIM NOT to appear with Outlook Express

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting AIM NOT to appear with Outlook Express

Essentially, yah^^. Everytime I start up Outlook Express, AIM starts up. THere's an option not to automatically log on, but that's it. How do I stop it from starting up completely? Before Windows messenger and AIM used to start up with OE alternating(ly), but I foudn the registry key for WM and stopped it. So, help w/ AIM? Thx alot, : peace2: Mista K6

if you uncheck the option I circled (and you mentioned) it should not launch any IM application when you open OE. It worked with both msn and aim before I swithed to gaim and thunderbird.

*btw, for the thunderbird fans, 0.4 i now available. It's quite an improvement over 0.3 :)

Comment

Still appears, just doesnt log on automatically :( . Thx for the quick reply tho.

Comment

huh, wierd... I know it worked for me at the time :confused:

well, not trying to be an ass, but you could try something like gaim or trillian instread of that crappy aol software :2cents:

<center>:cheers: </center>

Comment

nah, its good enough for me, thx tho. I'll just keep looking around.

Comment

gpedit.msc
            I think there were 2 options for Messenger.
            1 dont start with windows.
            2 never start.
            But that would turn it off completly so it may not be something u want.

I personally use Mozilla instead of buggy MS product. Too many viruses out there for OE

Comment

Actually Comcast (my ISP) and my McAfee Security Center make a very nice team. Comcast doesn't allow spam to reach the inbox, and my virus scan and firewall dont let ANYTHING through. I'm quite content with it all. However, if things do go screwy and fail, then I might change :thumb:. THx for the suggestion, : peace2: Mista K6

Comment

Working...
              X